1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

no WiFi no bluetooth

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Lazi, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Lazi

Lazi New Member

Hi people ! just bought a neo u1 and cannot turn on WiFi and Bluetooth. It says turning WiFi on .... and nothing happens.
    Almost the same with Bluetooth but here after the message turning bt on it says 'when bt is turned on your device can comunicate with other bt devices' but bt is not on.
    Is it bug I can fix or I have to send it back ?
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Have you attached the antenna?
  3. Lazi

Lazi New Member

Sure . checked more times
  4. Villa

Did it attach easily or did you twist the SMA connector that protrudes from the device?
    The connector could have become detached internally.
  5. Lazi

Lazi New Member

Yes it did. The connector stays firmly on the device. Can you turn WiFi on-off without the antenna attached on your device?
  6. Lazi

Lazi New Member

It hangs on this screen.

Attached Files:

7. Lazi

Lazi New Member

I did a restore but didn't help. I cannot check if I have the last update or not cause I have no WiFi. Here's what I have. Is this the latest update ?
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  8. Lazi

Lazi New Member

my current version

Attached Files:

9. Villa

Yes, you have the latest!
    Have you tried switching it on through this route?

Screenshot_2017-01-04-23-06-43.png

Screenshot_2017-01-04-23-05-52.png
  10. Lazi

Lazi New Member

Yes, I did try there too. It says scanning and that''s all.Nothing happens. BTW how do you make that buttons on the bottom visible ?Could't find them .
    Thanks for helping (y)

Attached Files:

11. Lazi

Lazi New Member

It's not my first U1. The first one was connecting flawlessly to the router and to my Bluetooth keyboard. This one must have a bug but I'd like to find out if it's an OS Bug I could fix or it's hardware is toast.
  12. Villa

13. B8350

B8350 New Member

This happened to mine, after I upgraded to FW011. It would just hang, and not switch the WiFi on. Using the settings screen, it would seem to switch on, but after exiting the menu, it still was not switched on. I tried clearing the cache, then a factory reset, then a full reflash with FW011.

Nothing worked - until I flashed back to FW010, then WiFi worked fine again.
  14. Lazi

Lazi New Member

I don't get this! why they do not match??? Please help !

Attached Files:

15. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Did you try checking the rar file (not the img file)?
  16. Villa

You download a file (.rar) and check it's checksum. Not it's contents! ;)
  17. B8350

B8350 New Member

Your TV is probably overscanning.
  18. Lazi

Lazi New Member

Ok. Thanks folks! I could not see the entire path on the guide so I tried with the content. Thanks again.
    Now I will flash back to the FW010 and come back to tell if the wifi is working or not.
  19. Lazi

Lazi New Member

So, flashed FW010 and no change. It says scanning and hangs there forever. I will try now with F011.
  20. Lazi

Lazi New Member

Flashed Fw011 and it's the same. Wifi hangs on scanning and bluetooth can't be turned on.
    Any other suggestions ??