1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Official 002A firmware

Discussion in 'X8 - X8H Official Firmware 002' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 28, 2014.

1. JimBobVFR

JimBobVFR Active Member

I use both Nova and also Squarehome Tablet. Both very good but very different.
  2. drake88

drake88 New Member

Guys wtf!

it's been an hour now trying to download the update.zip file and it's just painfully slow...the download from minix keeps crashing and the one from the forum is something like 70KB/sec...can't you upload this to mega or another filesharing hoster pls?
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Use a download manager
  4. adamski88

adamski88 Member

Hi,

Does updating and keeping data upgrade to the latest version of xbmc? I really dont want to have to install all these add on's again!

Thanks
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You can backup all your XBMC data/addons/settings.

The easiest way is to copy the whole XBMC folder to an SD card or USB device.
    Go to Internal SD/Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc

If you have to re-install XBMC for any reason you then copy back the folder.
  6. Healer

Healer Member

You can also use the backup addon.
  7. Villa

Rumour has it, the Backup addon doesn't backup some settings.
  8. Healer

Healer Member

I used it sometimes and never had problems.
    Be sure to check all options on it's configuration.
    I even use 2 profiles on XBMC/kodi and it restores all the files, I only have to create the profiles names again on XBMC (it wold be better if it did on its own), but it's the only thing I noticed incomplete upon restore.
    Oh, and I think it doesn't restore the remote locations passwords...
    Ok, there might be some things that are not perfect and copy the entire folders to an sdcard or usb pen might be a good idea as well. ;)
  9. Villa

For me, I make a copy of the folder, tinker around with addons and settings and stuff, then if I'm not happy with anything I've done, I copy back the folder. Then I can make the adjustments I was happy with. Also the folder can be passed over to XBMC on my PC and very quickly have an identical XBMC running there too.
  10. Kotek Besar

Kotek Besar New Member

Can anybody help with this?
  11. Kotek Besar

Kotek Besar New Member

Scratch that, it's now found the update. Don't know why it didn't before though..
  12. Ed Brawn

Ed Brawn New Member

Hi confused is I..
    I am trying to do the update & get the following on the screen:
    Finding package...
    opening update package...
    verifying update package...
    E: footer is wrong
    E: Signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    What have I done wrong can anybody un confuse me please
  13. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Possibly the file you downloaded is corrupt/incomplete. Check the Md5 checksum and compare it against that shown in the first post.
  14. Grim

Grim New Member

Guys, can't install this update.
    What I do: downloaded update.zip and factory_update_param.aml , copied to fat32 usb stick "system update" -> "select" -> choose update.zip -> "update" -> UPDATE!
    But then my Minix reboots to the recovery mode (?) text menu I can't control (standard remote can only move cursor up and down, that's all)
    My firmware is KOT49H.20140722
  15. smera

smera Member

Do you have a keyboard to connect with minix?
  16. Grim

Grim New Member

I have bluetooth keyboard/airmouse "Rii", but if this keyboard turned on in recovery mode - cursor marker goes crazy: it runs up and down repeatedly and didn't react on any keys pressings.
  17. smera

smera Member

No, I think you would need an ordinary keyboard connected with usb. At least I did it in this way.
  18. Grim

Grim New Member

I'll try to use wired keyboard, thans.
    But one thing: as far as I know, this firmware should start install process by itself after rebooting. This is not happening. Why?
  19. Grim

Grim New Member

Well, all ok with wired usb keyboard, but no luck with flashing.
    Got only errors after trying to install from udisk:

E:failed to mount /udisk (No such device)
    E:cannot mount /udisk (No such device)

Usb fat32 stick plugged in the back usb slot.
    riko likes this.
  20. smera

smera Member

Maybe to redownload the package and try again. I did it with an SD card, so you may try it in this way as well.