1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official 002A firmware

Discussion in 'X8 - X8H Official Firmware 002' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Roobik

Roobik New Member

I have problem for Persian language, but after update have not problem.

Thank you :);) [​IMG]
  2. Roneng

Roneng New Member

Hi everyone!

What is the version suppose to report after having done this update? I am only getting the same as when I first bought the box, i.e. KOT49H.20141122 release-keys. Am I wrong in expecting it should say something else?

I'd really like to get up to date with the releases, but I seem to be suffering from a noob syndrome (coming mostly from an Apple world)..

All the best!
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Looks like it hasn't updated correctly. The build number will change after the update is completed successfully to 20141213.
  4. Ameel

Ameel New Member

I can't update. I've followed instructions, but "Update&Backup" app just closes every time i click "Select" to select the downloaded firmware.

This is a bit frustrating. Please help/advise.

Thanks
  5. Ameel

Ameel New Member

OK I've gotten past that by waiting a long time. System rebooted, but now I'm left witha black screen. Absolutely nothing on it. Not sure how to proceed...
  6. Xuo

Xuo New Member

Try upgrading using a PC with USB burning tool.

Here you have a post explaining how to flash a beta firmware, but you can use it to flash another *.img firmware.

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-x8-x8-h-002-beta-9-2-firmware-20141018.1449/

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-flash-the-beta-firmware-image.116/

Edit:

And here you have all you need that is in the first post of this thread.

If you really can't upgrade with this easy method, that please go back to the traditional, PC upgrade method, the full package including the PC upgrade tool available from:
    HK server:
    http://minix.com.hk/firmware/X8_X8H_002Afw.rar
    Forum mirror (Europe, thanks to @@HardwareGuru ):
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X8_X8H_002Afw.rar
    MD5 checksum: A5EAA4475A5A8D576A5EB5C3FA080C56
  7. Brunoccosta

Brunoccosta New Member

Hi friends, my name is Bruno and I have a neo x8 h plus and it work just fine in full HD mode but now I have a new TV ultra HD and wen I change to 4k2k 30hz the TV makes some interference some times on the sound and the image shake, on the first time I was thinking maybe could be the hdmi cable, I replaced for better one and it's better but still do the interferences sometimes and now I don't know what to do.
    Thanks in advance my friends
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  8. mucrum

mucrum New Member

Many thanx Minix Team ! Everything works fine.
  9. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Member

Bug located........

When you put in a Thumb drive and watch a movie after pulling the TD out and replacing it with a different TD it still shows the contents of the 1st TB it will not refresh. I have to reboot for it to see the new movies on the TD. I have reproduce this bug every time I change the TD after watching a movie...
  10. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I feel it is a little late to report what appears to be a bug when the firmware for these models is now at version 005 !

Update and see if it still exists...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-x8-plus-x8-h-official-firmware-005-20150507.5849/
  11. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Member

What does that mean. if a bug is found there not going to bother to fix it ?? Whats the point in having updates then. .Unless you saying MINIX is not going to support this models anymore. Is that what your saying ?? My box is up to date.. I would not have posted that if there was a update available. These bugs are with the current FW #5.. This thread is bookmarked so I just posted here. .

I found another bug in fact.. Media center will not stream . When im using Kodi I can steam from my desktop 100% of the time. I will post these in that thread if this one is not the correct place for it.
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  12. Villa

You posted in this thread which is for fw v002A and made no reference to v005!

Did you even read my post correctly?
    We can only go off the info you provide!

Today, I see you have posted in the v005 thread. Although you should be posting in the Bugtracker thread here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/bugtracker-official-x8-x8plus-x8-h-005-fw.5850/
  13. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Member

You guys are the mods take care of it. . I'm helping you out. you don't want to fix it I could care less, it might effect someone else.. Typical rude crap for you guys.. If this in the wrong thread you should have migrated it to the proper thread witch would have taken you 2 sec to do. Your a MOD that's what your suppose to do. You chose to post nothing that would solve the bugs I found. I leaver it it your "capable hands"
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  14. Villa

Moderators are members of this community just like yourself. The only difference is they have Moderator privelages. They have not been given any kind of special powers that allow them to read into what you have posted.

You posted in this thread indicating that you had a problem with this firmware version. I replied, informing you that this firmware has moved on to v005, and asked you to update to see if you still had the same problem.

All this could have been avoided if you had just thought about what and where you are posting, or a simple "Sorry mate, my mistake, I'm on firmware v005. Could you move my post to the correct thread please?"

Once everyone knows the correct facts then the guys at MINIX can possibly do something about it.

- "A member of an online message board or electronic mailing list with privileges and responsibilities to approve or reject messages and uphold the terms of service."
  15. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Moderators are people, not robots!
    How hard is it to post in a proper place?
    I ask you to have respect to our community helpers.

And NO we can not reply to "every"question/report.
    We will read all and take it into account for next firmwares.
    KAR likes this.
  16. IMA

IMA New Member

I have Minix Neo X8-H Plus unit with KOT49H.20141122 release-keys firmware. When I tried the firmware upgrade I got the message this firmware is for Neo X8 not Neo X8-H.

I have problem on the unit that the Ethernet connection keeps on dropping out.

Can someone point me to the latest firmware for Neo X8-H Plus or how I can fix the Ethernet dropout issue?

Thanks
  17. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

18. hkesici

hkesici New Member

great work thank you very much
  19. DaveHunt79

DaveHunt79 New Member

Hi guys I've been trying for week to update as I've had the box since release day, but I have had some strange issues, the USB sees the zip, starts to restart the box and then goes into recovery. I can then only use the little remote that comes with it but can only use up and down on the remote, the ok button becomes totally useless and I can't select upgrade from ext. I don't really want to flash the whole lot as I can't be arsed to install it all again :)

Cheers fellas
  20. Villa

Try this with the latest firmware...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x...-firmware-006-20150708.6481/page-5#post-62060

Edit: That doesn't help you with your remote probs! See next post.