1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official 002A firmware

Discussion in 'X8 - X8H Official Firmware 002' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try using a usb keyboard. Or you can use an airmouse with keyboard, e.g A2 Lite (switch the airmouse mode off), you might see it scroll up/down the options quickly at first but it will eventually stop and you can select using the direction arrows
  2. DaveHunt79

DaveHunt79 New Member

Cheers guys, my air remote don't work anymore. The minix one I got lasted 6 months so I will nab a USB keyboard from work tomorrow. Only have bluetooth here.
  3. DaveHunt79

DaveHunt79 New Member

USB keyboard works like a treat now I'm getting /u disk failed to mount no such device..

It must of worked I just picked the zip from the USB upgrade screen

Edit......
    Changed ports and used my 64gb stick.. all strange as it is updating
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  4. Feliks

Feliks New Member

Try to change usb stick.it didn't work out for me when i were using 64gb usb 3.0,but when i change to 8gb usb 2.0,then everything went smooth.
  5. JH NTU

JH NTU New Member

Did you format the 64gb stick to a minix based partition?

Sent from my Y635-L02 using Tapatalk
  6. Feliks

Feliks New Member

Yes i did,but it didn't help.So maybe some sticks doesn't work with Minix update.
  7. JH NTU

JH NTU New Member

All good my ota updates are working well now..

Sent from my Y635-L02 using Tapatalk
  8. Jaswinder MCG

Jaswinder MCG New Member

how do you save link in windows 10 - right click=copy/inspect element?
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

1 this is an old firmware thread, what exactly are you trying to do?
    2 right-click in windows 10 works exactly like right-click in win8 or win7.......

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  10. Jaswinder MCG

Jaswinder MCG New Member

I'm try to update to firmware 002, but cant create .aml file
  11. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

12. thomasoyen

thomasoyen New Member

Quick question, just upgraded my X8 to firmware v2, was told that this was "enough" by USB, and once this was OK, the rest of the updates would go automatically via the minix and the update-page (system update).

Well, upgrade via burning tool was a success, now have KOT49H.20141225. However, when checking the system update, I suppose it should find version 8 now, right? But it says "no update". So what is wrong here?
  13. spec

spec New Member

There are two "update apps", IIRC. Make sure you use this app when searching for an update:

[​IMG]

Keep me updated ;) on what happens!
    frid likes this.
  14. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

When you do find an update you will have to keep on checking after each one as they are sequential, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008.

IMO it is easier to update direct to version 008 by using the Flashing tool and a PC!

Full system image with USB flashing tool:
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW008_20160114.rar
    MD5 checksum: 1CDC36547EEE319E9312618FF8AD5F0F

How to...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-flash-firmware-image-x6-x8-series.116/
  15. thomasoyen

thomasoyen New Member

Just tried that app Spec mentioned, found the 20150207 straight away. Release date 2015-02-12 it says.

Thanks for helping both of you, very quick support here!
  16. spec

spec New Member

Glad you got it working!

That's probably the 003 version, so once an update is complete, you have to keep searching for updates until you have the latest one!
  17. thomasoyen

thomasoyen New Member

Just saw that, found an older one now... Strange to go backwards, but ok. I have the day off, so ;)
  18. thomasoyen

thomasoyen New Member

Hahaha, just realized we're in 2016 now.... So yes, you are correct! Working my way through the packages now