1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyberg

Cyberg New Member

It's listed as 13.4 on the google play. That's the one I installed. Not sure what settings. It copied over my old addon and user_data folders automatically from my kodi set up. Which I found pleasing. It saved me a step and some time.
  2. Felipe Estades

Felipe Estades New Member

hmm ok thanks, because here i use both 13.4 and 14.2 e i have just about 5 micro stutter by movie, its almost perfect, but much better than fw 003...
  3. pepe paolo

pepe paolo New Member

The app is called D3GO, it is a VOD app.
    MINIX has two problems:
    -no video only avdio(Problem since 003,004 update.)
    -it won't work on ethernet connection, it thinks it is on mobile data connection.

Hopped with FW 004 this would be fixed?
  4. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

I test D3GO on all firmwares, it won't works. I test it on Minix x7, works normaly to 4.2 firmware. On 4.4 won't work anymore. If it works, It would be great :)
  5. Cyberg

Cyberg New Member

Ok Here is some settings I found.
    Adjust display refresh rate to match video is OFF
    Sync Playback to display is Unchecked
    I can't find the self adaptive setting.
    My TV is 120hz Samsung Smart TV. Not sure if that is making my playback smoother than yours.
  6. costaud

costaud Member

The self adaptative is on the Minix setup, not in apps settings ;)
  7. haven

haven New Member

Still FOTA have problem? I am stuck on 90%
    after a succesfull fota updation(71.5 mb appro another box) few minutes after switched off the box couple of hours later I switch on the box only blue light shows no display finally I tried usb burning tool method the computer is not detecting the box but my other 8h plus detecting the computer
    any help
    thanks
  8. haven

haven New Member

update
    after 20 minutes I pulled the power cable and reconnect the box the fota updation successful
    the second box still on blue lights no display is it end of life the box?
  9. Hkr

Hkr New Member

Guys,

i updated from the first firmware which the Minix box came with to 002 and then to 004 via FOTA. However i am having some wierd audio issues, mostly i have to play with setting between switching from Stereo Upmix or Enable Passthrough and then i get Audio on the movie. Also if i pause a movie and then starting playing again i loose audio and have to completely restart the Mixix box to get back the audio.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong here?

thanks
  10. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

you could always reflash the box using the full system image file we provided on post 1. It is not that easy to brick the hub.
  11. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.