1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saberzaid

saberzaid New Member

4.1 coming as hotfix?
  2. senzalice

senzalice New Member

I also bought mine 2 days ago and I share Felindril's frustrations !!!
    I looked in "Settings > About Mediabox" and my Build number is...
    KOT49H.20141122 release-keys
    Why is the firmware being referenced as 001, 002, 003, 004 when I cannot see this number in my box?
    Can someone please explain and tell me what I have? I am so confused !!
    I cannot find the "minix update app" anywhere... I can only see the "backup and update app".
    How do I install this minix update app? And will this let me update to Firmware 004?
    Thank you for any assistance.
  3. windex961

windex961 New Member

you need to first install the 002 firmware and the "system update" app (Blue square with MINIX inside of it) will be added... then you should be able to click on it and it will update itself..
    You can download the 002 firmware in a flashable zip format and install it first if the "system update" app is not already in your app folder
  4. senzalice

senzalice New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    I went here to download 002
    http://minixforum.com/threads/before-proceeding-to-upgrade-to-002-firmware-please-read-this.3052/

I then went here for instructions
    http://minixforum.com/threads/before-proceeding-to-upgrade-to-002-firmware-please-read-this.3052/
    ...and in the very first post #1, I followed this link for How to Flash:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-flash-the-beta-firmware-image.116/

However, in the very first line of this post #1 , it says "Dear all X8/X8-H users," and does NOT mention X8-H PLUS users. Sorry...but I want to be sure about what i'm doing... I don't want to brick my device. Also, I cannot view the images in this post, it says I need to be logged in...and I am logged in !!
  5. windex961

windex961 New Member

As long as the firmware file has the PLUS in the file name then the procedure is exactly the same.
  6. senzalice

senzalice New Member

Cool...thanks!:)
  7. senzalice

senzalice New Member

Thanks for your help windex961.
    I now have the OTA System Update app.

However, I updated from 20141122 to firmware 002 using the "USB.zip update package" from here -

I found this to be very easy to do, I did not lose any of my apps or settings and no need to attach the Minix box to a computer.
    It all went smoothly and took about 5mins.
    I will stay on 002 for a while before deciding to update to FOTA 004.
  8. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

FOTA 004 will also keeps your apps and so on (except the backup&update app at the moment, but I think they will (re)include it into the next FOTA)...
  9. Eman

Eman New Member

Im ready to do my update. Will the update clean out my XBMC add-ons and settings? Do I need to backup XBMC?
  10. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

You won't lose data if you are updating via FOTA service.
  11. Ambjörn Bergstad

Ambjörn Bergstad New Member

Hey!

This might be a stupid question, but i cant find the FOTA service on my X8H Plux box.
    Can you please explain how i update my device? I must be missing something

My current FW is: KOT49H.20141122 release-keys
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  12. Skakri

Skakri New Member

Before you upgrade via FOTA you have to manually update with this method:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/b...pgrade-to-002-firmware-please-read-this.3052/

EDIT: forgot to mention, this is because you have the stock firmware KOT49H.20141122. Once you have updated the stock firmware manually you can update with FOTA.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Higgs likes this.
  13. Cyberg

Cyberg New Member

So I manually updated to 002 and then did 003 FOTA and now 004 FOTA. When it rebooted to install 004 it is now stuck near the end of installing system update for almost 20 minutes. Is this normal? What do I do?
  14. Argyrios

Argyrios Member

Wait, it will finish.
  15. Cyberg

Cyberg New Member

It was frozen for 50 minutes. I finally unplugged it and it restarted and updated again. This time it finished in about 2 minutes. Everything seems fine now. Thanks for your reply.
    Skakri likes this.
  16. saberzaid

saberzaid New Member

I flash it but i feel my new minix 8-h plus slower then my old minix x8-h .
  17. saberzaid

saberzaid New Member

Guys what about spmc . Ist better on minix x8-h plus or kodi is better? . As my skin and addon run only on kodi or spmc based on kodi cuz minix xbmc not a kodi yet
  18. Berserko

Berserko New Member

After FOTA to 004 sound drops and an out of control skipping controller. Mine froze during the FOTA for hours before I had to unplug. I'll have to try a fresh flash install I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. Cyberg

Cyberg New Member

I have been using SPMC now for 36 hours. It works great. Plays all my x265 files perfectly with no stutter or sync issues. KODI was stuttering and out of sync the entire time. Bonus for SPMC is it will update automatically via PlayStore.
  20. Felipe Estades

Felipe Estades New Member

SPMC 13.4 or 14.2 ??

self-adaptive refreah rate switching ON or OFF ??

Adjust display refresh rate to match video ON or OFF?

Sync playback to display ON or OFF ??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.