1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official 004A firmware via MINIX FOTA

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 23, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all NEO X8-H Plus users,
    (Please note that this firmware update is available for X8-H PLUS users with 004 firmware installed only)

Official 004A firmware has been released via MINIX FOTA.
    It's a differential update package, size: 18.85MB.

Prerequisite for receiving this update:
    1.) Updated to the last 20150402 firmware via MINIX FOTA / USB burning tool;
    http://minixforum.com/threads/official-004-firmware-via-minix-fota.5196/
    2.) No rooting has been done;
    3.) Check for update using this app:
    [​IMG]

Change log (since 20150402 firmware):

1.) Fixed IR not responsive well issue
    2.) Fixed mouse movement doesn't exit screensaver issue
    3.) Fixed XBMC/Kodi wakeup bug
    4.) Fixed Premier League Pass (New Zealand) unable to playback issue
    5.) Fixed MyTV (HK) app playback issue
    6.) Fixed AML remote control failed to connect issue
    7.) Removed HDMI-CEC yellow/blue keys remapping
    8.) Fixed MX player subtitle duplicating issue
    9.) Fixed when muted the UI key movement still have sound issue
    10.) Fixed HDMI-CEC multi devices and long press issues

NEVER DISCONNCET THE POWER DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!!

Cheers,
    Team MINIX.
    arc12, PhillyGTA, DeGroo and 9 others like this.
  2. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

Thank you so much Ken and all involved in the continued developement less than 5 minutes plp runs beautifully stunning picture, motion, great stuff thsnk you.
    MINIX - Ken likes this.
  3. MINIX - Ken

Is it working properly now?
  4. dervo423

dervo423 Member

can confirm Premier League Pass works and the update worked fine, thanks Ken and all.
    MINIX - Ken and Skakri like this.
  5. roby5167

roby5167 New Member

NEO-X8H-PLUS
    Android version: 4.4.2
    Build Number: KOT49H.20141225
    -----------------------------------------
    I have a few questions:
    1. I have rooted my device despite your instructions! Can I update my device If I unroot it?
    2. Perhaps this is the reason I got a "no update" message when trying the OTA way?
    3. My firmware dated 25/12/2014, - Do I have to go through all the stages: 002FW.rar, 003FW.rar, 004FW.rar and the last 20150402 firmware, - or I can flash straight the last update? :unsure:

thanks,

Roby
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Maybe, it depends on what changes were made to your system while rooted.
    Possibly. Also make sure you are using the correct OTA app (System Update app)
    If you open the System Update app you should be able to download and install each update sequentially. (depending also on point 1)

If you want to start with a clean install you can flash the 004fw using the usb burning tool and then update via OTA to 004a
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  7. Dr Goodvibes

Dr Goodvibes The Doctor

Model: NEO-X8H-PLUS
    Android version: 4.4.2
    Build Number: KOT49H.20150421 (004A)
    -----------------------------------------

Updated to the latest release without any problems.

Not immediately impacted by any of the noted changes, so nothing to report on those changes, but just to say upgrade was straight forward and completed successfully.

Thank you Minix
  8. blue24

blue24 Member

Hi Ken
    It would be really great if the next update fixes the annoying stutter/ frame drop.
    Also a long overdue Minix-kodi Helix update.
  9. davedm

davedm Member

I have build KOT49H.20141122 release keys.
    I am a noob to minix but not to computers etc.
    Is it recommended I upgrade and if so could I get a link and a walk through of the process please.
  10. Higgs

Start from here - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/b...pgrade-to-002-firmware-please-read-this.3052/
    Then you can update using the System Update (OTA) app, (you'll need to update using OTA a number of times until you have the latest firmware)
  11. MINIX - Ken

Higgs likes this.
  12. Fra

Fra New Member

Update went smooth, like the 004 one before, but since then when I browse the youtube search results list, play an entry, return to the search results, I see those briefly, then the screen goes black for several seconds than shows the search results again, and with a new entry clicked, my tv shows the info from the connected device/hdmi port every time. Is that happening to others too, or did I miss a setting after the (clean) 004 previous update?

EDIT just let the result list play continuously, and the tv shows the device/hdmi port in between the video's just the same.
  13. Higgs

Is the X8-h Plus you have? (and not X8, X8-H or X8 Plus)
  14. Higgs

Ist the auto-refresh rate switching. When minix plays a video that has a different frame rate from what your current refresh rate is set at then it will change to that refresh rate, then when the video is finished it will switch back (The black screen is when it changes)
    You can switch this off in display settings it you want (but videos generally play better with it switched on)
  15. gravitas

gravitas New Member

Hmmm... Under the Settings -- Model Number, it says "NEO-X8-H" ... I suppose that means I do not have the 'plus' version? Funny... I thought that's what I had purchased.

EDIT: Apologies... Mine is only the X8-H. Not the plus. My mistake.
  16. Fra

Fra New Member

Thanks a million, switched it off and indeed, it is gone! Some vids seem (emphasis on seem) a little choppier, but it sure beats the interruptions.
  17. davedm

davedm Member

Sounds like a plan.

Could you let me know the procedure please.
  18. eggz2004

eggz2004 New Member

Ok, update went flawless, lost root and then apply root again... Happy user!

Enviado do meu Nexus 5
  19. ArcticWolfie

ArcticWolfie Member

Did you guys fix the occasional judder/frame skip issue as well @23.976? It isn't noted in the changelog but it seems to be gone after I updated to 004A! Checked like 4 different random episodes from different sources but haven't noticed the judder at all.. even switched my tv to 400hz CMR to see if I noticed something but nothing...
    Will keep you guys updated!
  20. blue24

blue24 Member

Judder/frame drop still there. What are your xbmc & Minix settings?