1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official Plex addon for Kodi

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by Coops1967, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Coops1967

Coops1967 New Member

Still happy with ky x8-h... as long as i got rid of that appalling v5 update and went back to the 4.8.1 client...

But now am happy to report there is an official Plex addon for Kodi.

* can't include a link to the plex page @sigh@ so you'll have to google " plex forum plex for kodi preview releases" and i'm sure you'll find it!

I had Kodi 16.1 installed already with an third party plexconnect - removed that and installed the official plex addon.

Looks fine and seems to work well so far - get better Kodi player playback quality and better subtitle options.

Note, with the officila release so far you cannot add a shortcut to Plex on the home screen - but a workaround by setting Plex as a favourite and then assigning that favourite to the home screen does work fine.

ALSO - in the Plex settings there is an option to start up Plex on Kodi startup... so it'll start up automatically once Kodi is launched.

A good option and the UI is decent too with vertical scrolling in your tv shows with an alphabetical selection option and scroll bar to the right also.