1. We are having national holidays from 1/10 to 8/10, please note.

Official X8-H PLUS 007A firmware (20150925)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 007 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You have checked the Gmail app?

Not sure if because you signed into Playstore that Gmail gets signed into too!
  2. invis

invis New Member

you are 100% right.
    it was the gmail app :(
    now searching where to turn the notification sound off.
    thanks for such fast help!
  3. Villa

Settings, Sound, Volumes, Notifications
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Please note that we are having National holidays from 1st OCT - 7th OCT,
    replies will be limited during this period, thank you for your kind attention!
  5. tommyngo

tommyngo New Member

Hi
    I have bought Neo X8H-Plus with Buildnr. KOT49H.20141114 Release-Keys .But i can not not update to Firmware X8H_PLUS_FW007A_20150925
    By Recover mode I have only black screen??Can somebody help me
  6. MINIX - Ken

Please flash with the full system image instead. The oldest 20141114 firmware did have that problem.
    Full system image with flashing tool:
    Forum Server ( EU ): http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X8H_PLUS_FW007A_20150925.rar

MD5 checksum: 9C3275A056B74B2E175ECD29F3B567E1

How to flash:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-flash-firmware-image-x6-x8-series.116/
  7. Sergio Valerio

Sergio Valerio New Member

Hey Ken, Do you think this fw updated will fix the screen and sound problem I got after the 006 fw update? I tried reflashing the box as you suggested but I could't get the reflash to work. I ca see other owners had trouble doing. Also, what is the name of the app suggested to download this fw, all I get form your post is an IMG posted in the place the name of the app should be. I've tried several times to contact Minix by phone, left message too as the voice recorder says. anyway you can have someone contact me; they already have my phone #.
  8. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The app is called System Update as shown in the image.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  9. Sergio Valerio

Thanks Higgs, I've been getting the updates via fota. Can you help me with the other issue? My box has a glitch that causes the screen to go black with the sound every minute or so for almost a second and it's driving me crazy to the point where I'm using the matricom g-box q but I prefer the minix with better pic and sound but in this condition it becomes impossible to use. It started after the 006fw update. Tried to reflash the firmware with my laptop using the USB cable that came in package. Could you please send me a link with the easiest way to fix the problem. I'm considering of restoring the box to factory and selling it. Thanks.
  10. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you tried doing a factory reset?
    You already were given links to flash firmware.
    http://www.minixforum.com/index.php?posts/62725

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  11. Sergio Valerio

No. Would a factory reset erase everything? Would I have to update again all the fw I already installed on it? How do I factory reset the box?. Thanks for replying and your help.
  12. Villa

Factory reset will erase all user data/installed apps but so will a full firmware flash!

Setting, Backup & reset, Factory data reset
  13. MINIX - Ken

I saw most, if not all, got their problems fixed by a full image reflash.
    The problem doesn't cause by the firmware itself, because if it's then everyone will be having the same issue.
    It does remove your data so please make sure you backup before proceeding.
  14. Sergio Valerio

Thank you Ken.
  15. MINIX - Ken

You're welcome.
  16. medmex

medmex New Member

I have a 500 Gb hard drive connected by USB cable. This drive has a Mini-USB cable with two USB endings for connections. With earlier firmwares i only need to have one of this USB endings to connect to MINIX and to power up the hard drive, but after this firmware update (007 and 007A) i need to connect the extra USB ending to another power source to get de hard drive to work properly. Is it possible that the MINIX can't provide enough power for the hard drive to work, or could this be a problem of the hard drive itself?

Thanks in advance.
  17. redderflag

redderflag Member

Is this a stable release of Vidon xbmc?
    I am using one minix Neo X8-H Plus box exclusively for playing local content. HD and 3D content (some iso) . I only have a 5.1 receiver.
    Is it worthwhile to get this xbmc version? Is it supported well? Especially if I go with Minix specific edition!
    Or am I better off with official Kodi and find a player just for 3d movies? If player is the best route, which one do you guys recommend?
  18. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

why don't you just try it ?
  19. redderflag

redderflag Member

Trying to hear opinions from folks who have been on this path before!
    I spent considerable time skinning my current versions and have them set up right.! Don't want to redo this with vidon if it is not worth the effort!
  20. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

im pretty sure you can install it separate to normal kodi/xbmc

download the apk, start to install it but if it asks to "update" then back out