1. Official MINIX forum

Official X8-H PLUS 007A firmware (20150925)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 007 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

And make a backup of your xbmc/kodi folder first.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

good thinking batman (y)
  3. redderflag

redderflag Member

Thanks Higgs and Frederick! I still want to keep the XBMC/Kodi intact and install Vidon side by side..I will try and see if there are any issues..
    In the meanwhile if anyone has done this before, please share your thoughts..
  4. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

yes , Ive installed vidon at same time as kodi with no problems
    uninstalled vidon though as it didn't have any advantages ( for me) over kodi and it wanted to install its own suite of addons if you weren't careful.
  5. xuw

xuw New Member

Is it possible to fix the "Android is optimizing" every app on every boot, when using ART instead of dalvik?
  6. Nikito

Nikito Member

One question: in the prerequisites to receive the 7a version by OTA, as quoted in first post, the system must have firmware 7 as minimum version. Nevertheless, my system had the 6a (20150708) and the minix was upgraded to the 7a (20150925, about 20MB for download) with no flaws (apparently).
    Is it ok? If so, you may need to edit the first post to avoid innacuracies.
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's true, thanks. Edited.
    Nikito likes this.
  8. IronMonkeyPimp

IronMonkeyPimp New Member

Hi,

I have a simple request - I would like to be able to control the volume from my Minix remote control whilst using pass through audio.
    From what I have read this should be possible with Firmware (20150925) - from the OP Change Log "1.) Volume locked when passthrough mode is in use (removed in FW007A)".
    I have the required firmware on my Minix box (via FOTA), howver I have'nt got Minix RC volume control. In Kodi if I switch pass through off - I get control back, with pass through no control.
    For reference from the Minix advanced settings I have tried SPDIF passthrough and also PCM. From Kodi I switch to passthrough - but either way I get no control.

Have I missed a step somehwere, has this been possible with any FW releases ? Am i expecting too much from this device ? - please help !!
  9. IronMonkeyPimp

IronMonkeyPimp New Member

Hi any answers to my question pls.
  10. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

When you are using passthrough mode, the box is not outputting decoded audio, it's just outputting the encoded stream (e.g. AC3) to your external decoder.
    Under such circumstances it would be impossible for the system to control the volume at all, because it's your external decoder that is handling the job.

Unless you are playing some other formats such as MP3 then you may control the volume because they are actually decoded by the box and output as PCM audio.
  11. andsol

andsol New Member

@MINIX - Ken Hi, main issue with All Kodi versions (Kodi 15/16, Minix, Vidon): When I play BD iso movie and stop it. After that i'm trying to play another BD iso movie, 50/50 box freezing and I have to reboot it totally. This happes when I play with passthrough mode. When I used stereo jack earlier this never happend. Could you check it?
  12. silentman13

silentman13 Member

One question :
    Usually at evening I use my Minix X8-H plus with wireless headphones (http://en-de.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphones-stereo-rf-rs-120-ii) directly connected to it.
    The problem is that I must always take out headphones plug and then reconnect it to Minix.

Is there a way to avoid this? Why Minix didn't recognize headphones after power on?

Thanks
  13. Wilson Cheng

Wilson Cheng New Member

I have issue I think it started at firmware 007A (Not really sure).
    Here is my setup, HDMI to TV, Optical to Receiver, and Headphone jack to wireless headset.

I setup audio to Optical passthough, and turn on output to headphone at the same time.
    When I watch TV at night after kids went to bed, i just leave my receiver off, and I just use my wireless headphone.

Now, there are no audio to headphone. Audio to receiver still fine.

Any idea?
  14. Wilson Cheng

Wilson Cheng New Member

I found that i have same issue, but my headphone have no audio now, unplug and plug in again don't work.
    It works for long time, and all the sudden it doesn't work.
  15. Wilson Cheng

Wilson Cheng New Member

ok, I having issue after go to 007A, want to go back to 007 but can't find the download anymore.
    Ken, can you repost the link to download 007 zip file package please?

Thank you
  16. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

17. Wilson Cheng

Wilson Cheng New Member

Villa, Thank you.

Now I have issue trying to flash it. Getting "USB Control Setup error" at 5%.
    Here is the screen shoot, can anyone help?

[​IMG]
  18. Wilson Cheng

Wilson Cheng New Member

I think my box is dead now.
    No matter what I do trying to flash the firmware, it stop at 5% and said "USB Control Setup error".
    Connect back to TV , it won't boot up.
    Try recovery mode, it won't boot up.

Any help?
  19. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try using a different usb port (usb 2.0) or even a different pc if possible. Make sure you are using the micro usb cable that came with the box (it has to be a data cable, not charge only cable)
  20. Wilson Cheng

Wilson Cheng New Member

Thank you very much, I try different USB port, still have issue.
    BUT i just click refresh, it continue, and end up finish the update.
    Now I am back to FW007. The audio issue I have with FW007A is fixed.
    YEAH.,

Hope we get a better FW008
    sangaz likes this.