1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Official X8-H PLUS 008A firmware (20160114)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 008 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Jan 2, 2016.

1. grossdm

grossdm New Member

I like the Backup add-on from the official Kodi repo. You can specify which parts of Kodi to backup, whether to zip (compress) the backup, where to backup, set a schedule, and I think it can use cloud storage (never tried this).
    I have done a restore once to fix problems within Kodi. Since the add-on is in the official Kodi repo, it would seem easy to get up and running from a new Kodi installation.
    One caveat: with Jarvis, it has had occasional failures creating a backup. This seems to be "fixed" by exiting and starting Kodi again.

Also, I backup to a USB drive that I keep plugged in all the time.

I hope this helps someone! :)
    pirsquared8 and niner86 like this.
  2. an0ny

an0ny New Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    KresimirZ and Andi like this.
  3. Properjob70

Properjob70 New Member

FOTA update worked fine a couple of weeks ago, the only minor gripe being it knocked all the favourites off the Minix screen. Android apps & XBMC still OK
    Kodi Isengard update found by reading this thread is now installed too - solved a few incompatible add-on problems that had crept in with Helix
  4. tumber

tumber New Member

Please help

Hello, I don't have the FOTA APP on My minix box to update it. My build number on the box is

KOT49H.20141122

Believe this is real old and I don't know how to update it? Please help
  5. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

See Villa's post #121 (top of page 7) in this thread
    Villa likes this.
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

7. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

8. Scotsman

Scotsman New Member

I have updated my x8-h-plus to new firmware no problem with that but when i tried to update the new extra update for xbmc for minix using the memory stick it came back saying there was another program with the wrong signature and it did not install can you help with this problem.
    regards
    Scotsman
  9. Villa

Uninstall the current one!
    Also make sure you have "Allow for installation from unknown sources" checked.
  10. Scotsman

Scotsman New Member

The current one comes with the minix x8-h-plus and can't be uninstalled i can force stop the app but I can't see where I can uninstall it, I am also running another one called TVMC that I downloaded myself and works ok. I just wanted to update the minix one to see if I can get that one to work better. Thank you for help.
    Regards
    Scotsman
  11. Villa

You should be able to uninstall it via Settings, Apps
  12. rochmateli

rochmateli New Member

Can use windows 8 and 10 to flash?
  13. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

10 certainly yes
  14. Scotsman

Scotsman New Member

I have looked at everything but my box is not rooted so this app can't be uninstalled I have tried all the app managers and they don't work i just can't understand how other people with the same box can update this new xbmc for minix but I can't? I will keep looking into how to uninstall this app but for now thank you for all your help.
    Regards
    Scotsman
  15. macswfc

macswfc New Member

Pretty sure I uninstalled the older version with a long press on the app icon in "all apps"...should bring up the option to uninstall
  16. Scotsman

Scotsman New Member

Yes I have done it its now uninstalled and my new update installed with just a few tips from you guys thanks
    regards
    scotsman
  17. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

The best way is to download the full system image of FW008 and perform a clean flash with a PC.
    It's always the most reliable method of upgrading the firmware.
    grossdm likes this.
  18. Martinemr

Martinemr New Member

My minix x8h-plus have 2014.11.22 release keys, Which one the best way to upgrade an why? usb or PC? usb seems to be a lot easier and with less chance of error
    Thanks!!
  19. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Both are fine!
  20. darrigo424

darrigo424 New Member

I just noticed this thread, so, unless my box updated itself, i should be on 007A (20150925).
    With this said, is OTA to latest firmware available from 007A?

And did this update increase the blue led light?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016