1. Official MINIX forum

Official X8-H PLUS 008A firmware (20160114)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 008 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Hayo

Hayo New Member

Got my minix today with the oldest stock firmware. Flashed the x8 h plus with my laptop, worked like a charm. Now I'm installing my apps. Issues so far, location can't be determined. NO mousewheel zoom. Sometimes no sound, after reboot sound is back. Google play not working like it should. (apps cannot manually be updated) Earthcam not working, and it worked fine on my X7..I hope these issues will be solved.
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

1. Mousewheel zoom: I don't use a normal mouse on any android device, is mousewheel zoom a std feature on android? Does it work on other android devices, is it just specific apps?
    2. No sound: Please give more details of your sound setup and audio settings. Is this in specific apps?
    3. Google Play not working: When you say apps cannot be manually updated, can you give more details, why can't they be updated, do you get an error message etc
    4. Earthca not working: I'm not familiar with this. is it an android app available on Google Play? Can you give a link to test this out?
  3. Hayo

Hayo New Member

1. Mousewheel zoom is in minix x7 firmware, simply press the mousewheel and roll it. (zoom in /zoom out) very handy with Google maps and in browsers.
    2. Sound problem solved, my mistake.
    3. Google playstore problems solved after the new update file.
    4. Earthcam App is also working now.
    Thnx for the reply.
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

FW009 for X8H-PLUS has been released last week via OTA, full image and .zip package will also be uploaded shortly, please note!

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
    sangaz and Higgs like this.
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Zoom in/out map became press and hold the mouse left button and drag up/down since Android 4.4.
  6. Hayo

Hayo New Member

Yes correct, but you can't use that zoom in/out method, 'for example' in Clash of clans and many other games/apps. That's why @HardwareGuru implemented mousewheel zoom in his fabulous roms for the Neo X7. It's really a pity that he's not part of the X8-h plus team....
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Dr Goodvibes likes this.
  7. Calvin Chong

Calvin Chong New Member

what's the usb burning tool file name? I can't see it after extracted the full image zip.

Attached Files:

8. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You have the wrong file. You need the rar file!

The zip file is a full OTA package that is placed on to a USB flashdrive or an SD card!
  9. Calvin Chong

Calvin Chong New Member

Ah, sorry my bad, I thought what I've downloaded is the full package + usb burning tool. I'm really sorry for this. :censored: