1. Official MINIX forum

Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware (20160328)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 009 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

Is there an issue with mpeg-2 on this version of the Firmware / XMBC as I am having issues but there seems to be no other discussion of it.
  2. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Member

I am yet to verify that format. So, I'll run a test to know if it would work really. However, did u get the running difficulty only in Kodi?
  3. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

Yeah the above files I posted both work fine in 4K Player.
  4. Cyberk

Cyberk New Member

My minix neo x8 h plus is stuck at "Installing update.." ..the progression bar do not change any more.
    I have launched the update with usb key / recovery method.

I hadnt applied the 2 last OTA updates before, is it a problem?

What should i do now?
  5. Cyberk

Cyberk New Member

well as nothing was happening i have powerd off the machine. it boots automatically in recovery mode; I have tried to wipe data: stuck on formatting /data/ now....
  6. Cyberk

Cyberk New Member

well .. i had tom poweroff again... when it rebooted it dindnt reboot on recovry: a logo animation was saying "erasing..."
    after that, it rebooted on recovery again.

i applied the update and it worked! Now i have a working minix, but i have loose all my configurations and applications. it is a bit annoying.
  7. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member

I strongly recommend removal of any SD card (if fitted) prior to wiping cache or data in recovery mode otherwise it's highly likely the Minix box will freeze during the erase/format phase.

The above advice is given based on personal experience on a number of X8 Minix boxes that I've installed. However, I have no idea why an inserted SD card can cause a freeze. Does anybody know why?
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  8. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Member

Can anyone tell me if there is better and stable firmware than Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware (20160328) as i cannot run Kodi/Xbmc because of hanging in the screen.
  9. swamprat96

swamprat96 Active Member

I had few issues with both 008 and 009 - but with both I find a full reboot once a week helps. 007 was apparently fairly stable too. All of these were running xmbc for Minix 13.3. However never 100% reliable and a force stop is need in Kodi every so often. I play mp4, mkvs and avis mainly with only a litlle H265. When I do see a stutter the first thing I do is force stop Kodi.
    I don't use plain Kodi or SPMC- have stuck with the Minix offerings.
    I suspect if you are using this as a gaming platform you'll see more issues than me- as the memory leaking in Android is pretty bad. But force stopping and clearing cache will in most cases fix these issues
  10. Jami Mohammad Khan

Jami Mohammad Khan New Member

My MiniX is still at the factory default firmware when it was purchased and not being updated yet to any other factory firmware.

So, my question is can update directly to this firmware or I need to do anything else first before updating?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk
  11. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You can update directly using one of these methods;
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-updating-the-firmware-not-via-fota.8331/
  12. Jami Mohammad Khan

Jami Mohammad Khan New Member

13. gargon

gargon New Member

Will there be/are there any newer MINIX XBMC release candidate builds being released and where can I download/check please guys? I get a few buggy issues with the one on the first page:

1. Sometimes the play/stop/FFWD etc.. bar at the top of the screen that drops down when watching something, freezes and I cannot do anything to stop what I'm watching or do anything else.
    2. The 'Working' banner that shows when you first open a link to watch something gets stuck at the top of the screen sometimes and, again, it won't move

In both situations, the only solution as far as I know is to call up running apps, remove XBMC and restart. Is anyone else getting these issues with this release?

Thanks in advance
  14. sveto99

sveto99 New Member

Dear Minix team,
    there was a very usefull functionality in fw007: "Volume locked when passthrough mode is in use"!!! In future fw's (in fw009 too) this was removed.
    It is too bad! I have all the devices with dts (AC3) compatible - but when I accidentally use the volume bottons on Minix remote (not on TV or AV receiver), distorted sound from the speakers!
    Would you apply this functionaly in future fw?? Like "option" in setup menu, for example, if you do not want to make the permanent change.
    Thanks a lot!
    Sveťo
  15. GIORGOS IAKOVIDIS

GIORGOS IAKOVIDIS New Member

I tried a clean flash and i get

[16:06:24 467][HUB7-3][Err]--[0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition system/Verify patition/Error result
    Any help?
  16. maanav

maanav New Member

im very upset with this update. itried everything manually and automatic its just shit up my box..it keep ok stuck for long to move from one apps to another...sometime i watch kodi and it stuck. you cant even change channles...just fed up...
  17. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We are not bringing that back, it causes too many troubles.
  18. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

A normal update wouldn't have these problems, you should wipe the cache partition after every update.
    If problem persists after doing that, please perform a clean reflash with the firmware image that we have provided.
    Dr Goodvibes likes this.
  19. sveto99

sveto99 New Member

Dear Minix team,
    there was a very usefull functionality in fw007: "Volume locked when passthrough mode is in use"!!! In future fw's (in fw009 too) this was removed.
    It is too bad! I have all the devices with dts (AC3) compatible - but when I accidentally use the volume bottons on Minix remote (not on TV or AV receiver), distorted sound from the speakers!
    Would you apply this functionaly in future fw?? Like "option" in setup menu, for example, if you do not want to make the permanent change.
    Thanks a lot!
    Sveťo

Thanks Ken for your replay. Do you mean technical troubles, or troubles on customer side? I had another media boxes (not so good as Minix :) ), but this function was there!
  20. sangaz

sangaz Member

Hi everyone, I wanted to flash my x8h plus to have a clean start. Iam struggling to connect to the burning tool to my x8hplus, I've used different USB cables including the original from the box and no success.

Is there a way to do a clean flash with a SD card?

Thanks ahead

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk