1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official X8-H PLUS 010 firmware (20160829)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 010 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Roberto Fratta

Roberto Fratta New Member

hi, need help on this update, actually got firmware KOT49H.20160328 on my X8-H+,
    when i try to update to 10 using OTA, something goes wrong and i dunno why.
    I mean, after clicking on system update, dowloaded the update ad rebooted, MINIX remains frozen on the start screen with MINIX logo and Android robot.
    If i turn off power MINIX restart normally.
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You could try clearing data/cache of the System Update app and try again, or Option 2 here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-updating-the-firmware-not-via-fota.8331/
  3. Roberto Fratta

unsucesfully tried first method deleted data/cache.
    Then i tried option 2 followed the guide at the link you posted but MINIX after boot doesn't show recovery menu but always MINIX logo
  4. Roberto Fratta

wait after a long delay MINIX is into recovery menu, try to upgrade now
  5. Ariel Masri

Ariel Masri New Member

The Kodi/Xbmc stop working, when I try to run it the screen goes black.
    I downloaded the play store version and work but is preferable to use the minix version?
    What can I do for re install it?
  6. Jerry Jets

Jerry Jets New Member

Since the Fw010 update, my Neo X8-H plus sometimes won't wake from sleep mode. It just gets warm and unresponsive, so I have to unplug power, wait for it to cool, then plug it back in. I'm running XBMC 16.3 Beta, and I always try for a proper XBMC shutdown before putting my device in sleep mode. Please tell me my box isn't dying!
  7. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

Hi!!! After any firmware upgrade is recommended that you do a factory reset. Try that.

Enviado do meu SM-J510FN através de Tapatalk
  8. Jerry Jets

Jerry Jets New Member

Thank you sir. I will give it a try.
  9. Walla

Walla New Member

Hi
    I have x8 plus. With oo9 28.3.2016
    The system update F.o.t.a will not recognize the new firmware
    It says: system up to date...
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  10. Villa

If you have an X8 Plus then you have the latest firmware.
    This thread is for the X8-H Plus!
    Walla likes this.
  11. NineX

NineX New Member

@MINIX - Ken - Can you relate to that ?! - My antivirus also complains about that update.
  12. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

That's what it thinks only.
  13. Rami D

Rami D New Member

Team,
    can you please advise how I can update my Minix Neo 8xh-Plus I am on build kot49h.20141122 and android 4.4.2. can you guide me on process to update firmware and android version please. I am wanting to upgrade and not lose my current settings on the minx box.

thanks
    Rami
  14. Villa

Option 2 here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-updating-the-firmware-not-via-fota.8331/

FYI I moved your post as you posted in a U1 firmware thread. o_O
  15. Rami D

Rami D New Member

thx mate, is it safe to upgrade with no issues? also how do you upgrade the android version?
  16. Villa

There is no Android version upgrade!
  17. grga

grga New Member

We need an OS update so that we can install Kodi 17. Nothing new here, just want to support this thread. Are there any plans for and update?
  18. Crun

Crun Member

It has never been an update, there have always been bug fixes.
  19. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Not so. The firmware updates have also included new features, updated apps etc as well as bug fixes.
    Just some examples;
    FW002 - Added "HDMI & SPDIF passthrough" option, Added Logitech Harmony remote support, Minix Metro launcher updated
    FW003 - Added self-adaptive refresh rate switching option,
    FW006 - Added auto sleep timer option, Added SMB server option, Updated Minix launcher
    FW007 - libstagefright security patches, Added simultaneous HDMI and analog audio switch, Added Ethernet to faked WiFi state option
    FW008 - Updated MINIX Metro UI, Updated YouTube app, Improved Miracast app compatibility
    FW009 - Added long press power button entering recovery menu option (~8s)
    FW010 - Updated built-in apps

In any event, updates which only have bug fixes are still updates.
  20. Crun

Crun Member

Update: -Cambridge dictionary-: to make something more modern or suitable for use now by adding new information or changing its design.