1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official X8-H PLUS 011 firmware (20170119)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 011 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. João Almeida

João Almeida New Member

I think the update for android 5.1, is to evolve!

And what you can’t do today, maybe you can do tomorrow!

Also in S912 the sound has problems and to solve them someone made this app PassthroughFix!
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Yes but we constantly get pushed to release it, even knowing this fact?
    (Not everybody is having surround setup.)
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

This is the OTA push of the CLOUD TV app.
  4. HereIsTom

HereIsTom Member

Well so an update to 5.1 has no meaning! Fortunately, I now have a HiMedia player with Android 7 (y)
    Such an expensive purchase as Minix if you don't have a surround setup is sin, then you better buy a cheap Chinese box of $ 40, which are well up todate.
  5. laser

laser New Member

I've been having cutoff sound issues with my box through kodi and xmbc since day one..and thats just through regular hdmi..Not sure what settings i should have for this issue?
  6. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

7. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Ken, I agree with you, I don't have my Minix X8H+ connected to a surround sound system, it's connected direct to my TV via an HDMI cable, so pass through not working in Kodi 17 is not an issue for me.

What this update will mean to me is that I can use the enhancements in Kodi 17 on my Minix X8H+.

A major benefit to me is that I will be able to maintain my Kodi build at Kodi 17 on both my Minix boxes minimising issues when I transfer my build from my Minix X8H+ to my Minix U1 which is connected to my surround sound system.

I am sure there are many X8H+ purchasers out here that don't use surround sound that will appreciate that Minix are releasing this version.
  8. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

I am also sure there will be many out there with surround sound systems :(
  9. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Unfortunately I don't think Minix can do anything to fix the issue :-(
  10. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Just a thought, as it was a change in Kodi 17 that caused the issue with pass through on Android Amlogic devices, maybe pass through would still work when using the Minix XBMC version of Kodi.
  11. HereIsTom

HereIsTom Member

Well too bad for such an expensive device that can in the trash within two years!
  12. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

If it works with Kodi 17 without pass through I won't need to trash my X8H+ :)
  13. HereIsTom

HereIsTom Member

No good audio without pass through!
    That is why I bought a box with Android 7 and Kodi 17 (y)
  14. George Georgiou

George Georgiou New Member

Ever since upgrading firmware to FW11, youtube seems to stutter and freeze, especially if its higher quality such as 1080 or 720. Anything I can do on my box to fix this issue???

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk
  15. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

I looked at those before getting a Minix, poor decision on my part.

I chose Minix because of the support forum, I should have looked at the hardware specs more.
  16. laser

laser New Member

I have the same issues with youtube stuttering and sometimes almost freezing..I know its not the internet issue as my speed is maxed out..I also notice kodi freezing during a show more often lately...And still the sound cutting out quite a few times during any hr show i watch wether its kodi or xmbc 16.3....I was wondering what setting I should have for sound if that would make a difference?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  17. HereIsTom

HereIsTom Member

....... has also a good support forum (y)
  18. PLAY911

PLAY911 New Member

great news!! thank you!!
    João Almeida likes this.
  19. Steadyson

Steadyson New Member

Finally !
    Thanks Minix :D
    Extremely verry apreciated :D
    Does the X8HP will support 4k 10bits with Lollipop ?
    João Almeida likes this.
  20. PLAY911

PLAY911 New Member

No
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.