1. Official MINIX forum

OPENELEC Minix X8/-H/ Plus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by taki, Jan 5, 2015.

1. ArceeKay

ArceeKay Active Member

Just checked both builds; no Wi-Fi in either. Did anyone manage to get Wi-Fi to work on the X8-H Plus?
  2. Adam Wesolowski

Adam Wesolowski New Member

I can also confirm issue minix wont wake up after power off and also when minix is off also tv turn off automatic i same time pls.fix problem with wake up function
  3. michel30

michel30 New Member

@kyri , can you please explain how I get this firmware running with multiboot.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Michel
  4. skinnybiggs

skinnybiggs New Member

if my device is rooted will this work or will i have to unroot thnx...as ive tried it rooted and it doesnt work

ive burned the img and created a folder boot on the root placed the boot.scr in there and followed the steps holding power and reset until the minixand green guy which is barely afew secs from power on and it loads as it does if i hold too long i goto recovery which i know from rooting and thus having the issue of it loading the img from the next restart it just loads the same setup ive had all along thanks for the great work

by the way its a usb not sd fat32 of course just cant get err going :(
  5. EagleEye

EagleEye Member

Is there also a s802 krypton build rc2?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk
  6. Axiste

Axiste New Member

Wifi appears and can see my network just fine using 7032 build. (Havn't really tried to run off it as I use the GigE)
    Dualboot working fine on an 8gb SDCard.
    Powering off the X8-H+ means you need to turn it off and back on at the wall before you can power it on again.

Tried to use the 8.0.0 version on SDCard to use Krypton when it starts to boot it comes up with a file corruption message.
    Tried using a USB stick for both 8.0.0 and 7.0.3.2 but it doesnt detect at all and just boots android.
  7. bubblegun

bubblegun New Member

I don't think the wake-up issue is unique to these builds.
    I'm sure its an Amlogic issue in Openelec/Libreelec generally.
    Just disconnect the mains power or leave it on all the time.

The TV turning off issue is to do with CEC settings. I figured this out after having issues with a HDMI switch after the upgrade.
    Go to Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adaptor
  8. skinnybiggs

skinnybiggs New Member

can someone PLEASE!!!! write the correct steps to get this to work mickys is pretty vague and the other poster who listed the steps that worked for him must have missed 1 or 2...

soo far ive got the image burned to usb with boot folder on root and boot file inside...

my device is rooted does that interfere with DUAL BOOT? so far

this system turned off usb inserted
    pin on recovery button while holding power button i release at the first screen and it boots to andriod
    if i hold it too long i end up in recovery..... i feel there is a step i am missing somewhere

a user poster power off by unplugging from wall and plugging back in ????? why and when do i do this .... thanks again for whoever takes the time to help me out, i really want to get this dual boot to work
  9. ArceeKay

ArceeKay Active Member

Hi @mick56 did you in the meantime make progress on a Krypton build with Wi-Fi working?
  10. ArceeKay

ArceeKay Active Member

Strange, when I install 7032 build then Wi-Fi can be selected, but no networks become visible in the Connections tab. So it seems not to work (at least not for me).
  11. velimir1845

velimir1845 New Member

Same here...
  12. l3g0r

l3g0r New Member

hi for minix x8-h s802, which image is for dual boot?
    "
    M8 - Should work with M8(S)
    MXIII-1G - Should work with MXIII (1G)
    S82 - Should work with Beelink S82, Orbsmart S82, Tronsmart S89(-H), MXIII(2G)
    T8 - Should work with all T8 (2G) boxes
    "
    any of this image is compatible with minx x8-h ?

thanks and sorry for my english.
  13. Olivier Béraud

Olivier Béraud New Member

Hello everyone !
    Could anyone re-upload the image from mick56? They seem out of order and I would like to try on my minix...

Thanks!
  14. KristianP

KristianP New Member

Hi All!
    Does image from mick56 also work on Minix X8-h? Or does some one have a working krypton image for Minix X8-h?

Thanks!
  15. Mimomaj

Mimomaj New Member

@KristanP, yes it's runnig smoothly on my X8-H.
    krille30 likes this.
  16. KristianP

KristianP New Member

Thanks Mimomaj. One more question. How do I create multiboot on Minix X8-H. I have tried with the instruction for Minix X8-H plus but don't get it to work. Any instruction is it some other file or way to do it on Minix X8-h?
  17. Hijodepirlo

Hijodepirlo New Member

Many times I tried to do dual boot, finally I install at nand. Runs very well but 4k resolution fail and WiFi don't wake. Thanks for all mickey.

Attached Files:

krille30 likes this.
  18. nomad

nomad Member

Sorry to ask guys, but am i missing something? I cant find a working link to Mick56's image?

If it's down, I second Olivier Béraud's request: can someone help to reupload the image? thank you.
  19. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Take a look at page 74 of this thread there is links there
    nomad likes this.
  20. krille30

krille30 New Member

Sorry for stupid question but what is nand? Is it internally storage on minix so you basically have to replace current firmware?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk