1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Orbot - Tor for Android

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by fffaj, Nov 14, 2016.

1. fffaj

fffaj Member

Was curious about Tor and decided to install Orbot - available from the officfial Tor Project Org & Play Store. Enabling it has unlocked a lot of previously filtered out content on Google's Chrome Browser being in the country that I'm from that pretty much restricts every darn thing.

Just thought I'd share this and also wondering if anyone else could be kind enough to share more insights about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

I don't know which kind of information you mean if you wrote "to share more insights about this". About what if you wrote 'this'?
    If you are talking about geolocking (aka geoblocking) then the answer will be: it depands on the location (at which country) of the exit node of the tor network...
  3. fffaj

fffaj Member

Yes, was fiddling around with it and even managed to unlock some China content that was previously unavailable. So this thing can actually work like a VPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk