1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

[Patches][update.zip] Root, Unroot, System mods (no CWM / no PC needed)

Discussion in 'X8-H & X8/Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by gufone, Aug 7, 2014.

1. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

Many users asked me to create a thread where to share custom updates for ours minix devices. I'll post here my packages for X8 and X8-H.

You don't need cwm or custom recovery. You can install them from MINIX stock rom/recovery.

:) If one of the files I've posted is useful to you please click the like button :)

PLEASE KEEP BUGS HERE on this topic !!
    If there would be a problem that is caused by the way this update is made and flashed I don't want MINIX to get false info on the official firmware topic.

Even if the packages have been tested you are the only responsible in case of problems with this update! You are free to not use it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Harry S, WonkyDub, Blastar57 and 36 others like this.
  2. gufone

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Blastar57, Bogdan, ieee123 and 21 others like this.
  3. bink

bink New Member

Is the minix x8 beta 8 version need to be rooted? Or is it already rooted?
  4. gufone

Official beta are never rooted.
  5. bink

bink New Member

Can root my minix x8 h beta 8 with your tools? And do I lose everything on the box?

Thanks for the support!
    I appreciate it..
  6. gufone

I don't had time to test beta 8. I don't know if they work. But you can try. If there is an incompatibility it doesn't install.
  7. bink

bink New Member

But do i lose my App's if i try?
    Its more like a patch right?
    If so I try it and let you know if it works
  8. gufone

You don't lose anything.
    hawzman likes this.
  9. PiskopatYazar

PiskopatYazar New Member

Can I remove ads without rooting it?
  10. gufone

This is the purpose of the ad remove update.
  11. PiskopatYazar

PiskopatYazar New Member

what is the other advantages of rooting the device?
  12. dmatik

dmatik Member

Titanium backup mostly....
  13. Dnerve

Dnerve Active Member

Both root and unroot scripts work flawlessly on Beta 8, wanted to check system file structure/path quickly, was able to root, have a peek and unroot. Job done!
  14. Blade

Blade New Member

Anybody had success with the ad removal zip on firmware Beta 8? Tried to install over the weekend and the installation would not complete.
  15. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

Works fine for me. Installed it today. Did the root first - couldn't be bothered running adfree app, so just ran the zip
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  16. Looks interesting, I may just try this out. I always root my Android devices but have not really needed to root my 8XH as of yet. I was looking to try Droidmote and realised I needed to be rooted in order to install the server side on the 8XH.

Will root/unroot affect any future updates of beta and official firmware? If we root and then install an update will we loose root and have to re-do it?

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
  17. gufone

Root doesn't affect ota. But ota full update will remove root and you need to reapply patch.
  18. zima

zima New Member

Does the key layout mod for the Mele 10 (from x7 forum update-gufone-MeleF10) works on the X8-H ?
    Do i need root to install this update?
  19. KingKong

KingKong Member

Do i need to apply the root before the adbloc !? Also will the adbloc nuke all adds thats it!?
  20. Dnerve

Dnerve Active Member

No you don't, confirmed by Gufone a bit higher up when asked if ads could be removed wihout rooting your device.