1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

[Patches][update.zip] Root, Unroot, System mods (no CWM / no PC needed)

Discussion in 'X8-H & X8/Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by gufone, Aug 7, 2014.

1. kendub

kendub Member

Nice easy to follow guide thanks. I will be rooting soon my x8 soon
    Does root affect Channel 4 Player (40d)

If root does affect 40d, is there a way to "turn offf" root, temporarily
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

3. kendub

kendub Member

4. Villa

5. kendub

kendub Member

To block adds from Chrome, and in app adds , no other reason other than ads
  6. Villa

7. Chimok

Chimok New Member

8. kendub

kendub Member

Hi Chimok I have tried Adgaurd on another non rooted device, I am not 100% certain but I feel my response times have decreased (possibly due to it using a VPN). Having said that Adgaurd does get rid of most adds
  9. Chimok

Chimok New Member

They have added Domain based blocking lately, maybe this is faster? Settings > Advanced (at the end of the list) > Filter DNS requests

I have two tablets, one is rooted (Adaway and xposed filter modules) and one is not (AdGuard)- I don't notice any difference in speed. But this is just my feeling, I haven't run any benchmarks.
  10. ru4freetv

ru4freetv New Member

After getting root on my minix 8h i am not able to get superuser to up date the su binary file. Can someone help point the way. i have tried the superuser up date app ,the superSu app .also i have used gufone,king,and kingo,to root with no luck getting that su binary file to up date. any info would be great. Thanks
  11. Harry S

Harry S Member

Does not work for Kodi 14.2 on Minix NEO X8 Plus (KOT49H 20150924). Kodi goes to crash, network variables in android 'environment' is wrong = NO NETWORK! at all.
    Such mods will work only for the matching android & kodi version on where it was made.
    On all other divergent developed versions it will not as on their development some changes
    where made who did not match to the version as the root was derived from.

My general suggestion; NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM!!
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  12. Huey

Huey New Member

You've surely figured this out by now but just flash the latest STABLE "update-supersu-V.x.xx.zip" file found on Chainfire's site and XDA. That should do the trick along with an up-to-date version of Busybox. You should use SD Maid or similar to clean out any unwanted leftovers from all those other superuser apps you tried first.
  13. famousmini

famousmini New Member

hello everyone

Superuser is for android 4.3 !
    de minix neo x8 plus is 4.4.2
    i tried to install supersu but it cannot update su binary.
    how to replace supersuser with supersu (i don't want to install twrp just keep stock recovery)
  14. Hub

Hub Member

Any root for:
    MINIX Neo U1 Android Lollipop 5.1.1 ?