1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Persistent Audio Interruption (X8-H Plus)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by Luke Verburgt, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Luke Verburgt

Luke Verburgt New Member

Hi all, please can you experienced guys help me:

Minix X8-H Plus, with latest firmware (KOT49H.20160829 release-keys), all software updates have been done, connected via HDMI to a DENON AVR-X520BT receiver.

Regardless of software used (KODI, VLC, Google Play Music, Netflix, Youtube) there is an audio interruption that occurs every few minutes (~10 min but it's variable and sometimes can happen in quick succession). I've searched the forum here and have tried all the things suggested for related problems (turn audio to usb OFF, set audio to HDMI passthrough and not PCM) etc. but the problem persists. Importantly, during these interruptions, which last about 2-5 sec, the video keeps playing perfectly (no image stuttering).

It's definitely the Minix device: I've connected it to my TV and also my PC screen directly using several different HDMI cables and the problem is reproduced there also.

My problem seems to be similar to this thread which has received no attention so far. I'm hoping the detailed description of my problem will receive closer inspection. I love this Minix device and really want to solve this problem ASAP!

Thanks in advance!
  2. Luke Verburgt

Luke Verburgt New Member

Whoops!, I seem to have posted my thread in the wrong category (should be X8-H Plus). I've reported it to the admin and asked for it to be moved since I can't figure out how to delete this post and create a new one.
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

4. Luke Verburgt

Luke Verburgt New Member

Thank you Villa!
  5. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member

Yes I also have the same issue and there has never been a solution that has worked for me. It's too bad :(
  6. Luke Verburgt

Luke Verburgt New Member

More searching on this forum has revealed some people having apparent success with this problem by:
    What I don't understand is why there hasn't been some sort of official response from the Minix Team about this problem (maybe there has and I can't find it in which case please point me to it). It seems to be a relatively common problem which isn't addressed by the latest firmware updates.

Reverting to FW007? Surely that can't be an acceptable solution to the developers for this problem right? What about all the other important fixes that have taken place in the updates since 007???

Also I see that there is a request for posting bugs in the bugtracker thread. Can an administrator or experienced member please advise me whether I must post this problem/bug there for it to be noticed?
    Thanks!
  7. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member

Well I don't have Airdroid Installed and not going to go back to earlier firmware as I had other issues.
    Good luck on actually getting a resolution... I'll be watching and hoping.
  8. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

I've had this issue for a while too, there is another thread about it.

As I said in that thread I find it occurs much more frequently when transferring files to the box (hard-wired via ftp)
  9. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member

Yes I've noticed that too.
    If you want to make it happen more frequently, you can also enable Downloading in Kodi. Then Download a show or movie you want to watch and watch something else.
    The Audio dropout will happen much more frequently even though there is no bandwidth issue and picture remains clear as day.
    Note: this occurs with any audio, even wired OR bluetooth connected headphones so has nothing to do with the HDMI or audio out to the TV etc.

I should note I've had better luck (still happens but much less ) when I use Plex but send the video to external player.
    So set up plex to launch external player and in My case used MX player.
    Still occurs but not SOO often as to be irritating to the point of wanting to hit the player with a hammer.
  10. CRD

CRD New Member

I also have this problem, with random periods of audio dropouts. It drives my family mad.

At first, we thought it was bad connection with the SPDIF cable to the amp, but that doesn't seem to be the cause.

Sometimes deleting all apps cache in the Android settings will make the problem less frequent, but it always comes back. And I always maintain more than 1-1.5 GB free in the x8h-Plus for its own use... Quite maddening and frustrating in day-to-day use...
  11. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

Hopefully the new firmware will address the issue.
  12. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

I've always wondered how things like this would be handled under the UK's "fit for purpose" law.

If a fault at date of purchase is never fixed with firmware updates would we be allowed to send the item back for a refund?
  13. t0ne

t0ne New Member

I also have this issue, but only when I'm using Kodi and in a randomly form. There are days that the issue only happens once o twice, and there are days that is constant.

I though that it was a personal issue, but I'm seeing in this threat that the problem is known and general...
  14. CRD

CRD New Member

Yes, only with Kodi or XBMC for Minix use.

And yes, random occurrence. But the problem won't go away...
  15. vicom

vicom New Member

This is so annoying, I can't even enjoy movies or music without cringing everytime it drops audio... plus the fact that we are stuck on Android 4.4.4.

What makes me even more annoyed is this Kodi Jarvis (v17 Release Candidate) post over at kodi.tv that shows that MINIX can sort out this issue somehow if they are able to focus their energies
    Come on now MINIX, please listen to your customers and address this annoying issue for once
  16. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

Lots of people complaining about this and it goes by many names, maybe it's time to decide on a specific name and start a thread so that Minix can ask for reports of it and finally fix it.
  17. wildbyte

wildbyte New Member

Confirmed, I have this annoying problem too. If I kill the file manager and other cpu consuming services, the issue seems to be less onerous.

Thanks
  18. Ironman

Ironman New Member

19. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

Fingers crossed the version of Lollipop Minix have said they are working on will fix this issue, and not cause any new ones.
  20. t0ne

t0ne New Member

Yes, I hope that too... There are days that it is really annoying and constant.

Regards.
    Lindsay likes this.