1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

X8-H Playing two videos

Discussion in 'Development' started by Oleksandr Sorochan, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Oleksandr Sorochan

Oleksandr Sorochan New Member

Hello, my name is Oleksandr Sorochan. I'm a software developer from Chernivtsi, Ukraine.Now I'm working on a project one of the issues of which is an active work with videos. So I'm seeking for some device that can deal with videos without any troubles. Your device MINIX NEO X8-H Plus can be a variant.
    My team and I have written an application on Java (in Android Studio) that plays videos stored in the internal storage of device. It works fine playing only 1 video but it can't play 2 or more videos at the same time. The reason can be in the error that we've got:

08-03 11:29:48.770 463-1735/? E/SystemWriteService﹕ File not found: /sys/class/stb/source
    08-03 11:29:48.770 463-474/? E/SystemWriteService﹕ File not found: /sys/class/stb/demux1_source
    08-03 11:29:48.770 463-1703/? E/SystemWriteService﹕ IO Exception when write: /sys/class/tsync/vpause_flag
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/class/tsync/vpause_flag: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)

I don't know if you are programmers but maybe you know what the reason is.

The question is if MINIX can play 2 videos at the same time with overlaying one video over another. If it can, what is the way to do it?
  2. tesla

tesla Member

Hi there, I'm not a developer in full but I can tell you that none of these minix devices play any video properly, due to the limitations of Android pre 5.0.

Does not even sync the sound with the video..

Goes at least for the x5, x7 and x8-h.
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Hello Oleksandr,

Can you send me a sample apk by PM so we can test this please?