1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Please please help. Ref game controller

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Peetee, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Peetee

Peetee New Member

I have a ps3 and a xbox360 controller and my minix u1 will not recognise them plugged in or not. I want to play some android games on my box please someone help. Im not rooted as box is 3 days old. Upgraded from a m8 box that was easy to get sixaxis to work on. Im technically challenged a little so not really wanting to root if theres any more options?
  2. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

3. Peetee

Peetee New Member

Ive tried plugging them in the usb port and they do not work.
  4. Peetee

Peetee New Member

Anyone have any more advice for me please?
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

6. VarelaPet

VarelaPet Member

7. newbie99

Yes, Geekbuying is OK... often they are the first who sell new minix devices... I think that's the reason why ken placed the link (normally they don't like advertising at this forum :) )
    btw: they also have a warehouse at spain for the European market but don't have every part at it (sorry, also not the G910)...
  8. newbie99

9. VarelaPet

VarelaPet Member

10. Denke

Denke Member

Did you ordered it? If not, check also for Mars g01, looks good one. It works on x8h plus, i belive it also works on u1. Im ordering u1 tonight and mars g01 (gamepad will be ordered from ebay).
  11. VarelaPet

VarelaPet Member

Yes, I ordered it the 4th of February. That's what I want to know, if the CNY celebrations affect only the purchases or also the shippings.
  12. newbie99

The benefit of the Mars G01 is, that it doesn't work via BT and that you can use it at different modes... because I'm not a gamer, I didn't tested the Mars G01 at the U1 but I would also say/think it will also work at 5.1.1 (and cnx tested it)...
  13. aurban6

aurban6 New Member

I have a xbox360 controller. Controller works fine without root on my u1 box. I connected wifi module to usb, reboot minix and its end.
  14. red eye

red eye Member

Take a look at the moga bluetooth controller with normal and hid mode for the last games like modern combat 5......all the new games are moga optimized , take a look in the description of the games ....the most games are certified moga....android controller no need root

Dont confuse the moga controller with a simple ipega controller its not the same.
    Ipega controllers dont work with modern combat 5, dead trigger 2.......no hid mode with
    Ipega controllers .
    I test the moga pro on my phone and tablette , cool modern combat 5 , dead trigger 2 .......with controller.....all new games how comes out in the future from the big game makers like gameloft.....are certified moga .

The moga controller just work in normal mode on my neo x8h plus , b mode (hid) not working on my minix, the reason that this controller is not working in b mode with minix is
    that minix boxes are not compatible with touchscreens, the hid mode is touch simulation , so for the moment its not working, and we can just play old games on the box..................:-(((((((

For the moment i am waiting for answers about this probleme from minix team ..
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  15. newbie99

16. aurban6

aurban6 New Member

@up
    Yes, exactly. During the first connection is not detected after pairing wifi module with game controller, wheel all the time blinking. Restart minix and ok.
    Test NEO U1 FW004 and NEO U1 FW005

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    newbie99 likes this.
  17. Scott_Fleming

Scott_Fleming New Member

Did you manage to STOP the light blinking? If YES, how? Thanks Scott

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  18. VarelaPet

VarelaPet Member

OK, so finally I have decided to buy both controllers (G910 and Mars G01) and both work perfectly. The only problem I see is that, when you map the buttons in an emulator or a game for players 1 and 2, the joystick of both gamepads gets mapped identically. This means that, when you press the joystick, it moves both characters. Do you know if there is a way to solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance.
  19. RetrogamerX

RetrogamerX Member

I've been using a Xbox 360 Wired PC controller in the Minix U1 and it works fine. I can't stop the light ring from blinking. So I just put black ducktape over the ring and you can't see the blinking light anymore :D
  20. Scott_Fleming

Scott_Fleming New Member

Yeah, thought of that but think of the battery drain. Mine works wirelessly no problem but the light is pissing me off!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk