1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Pleeeease tell me what I am doing wrong!!!

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Julie34, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Julie34

Julie34 New Member

Hello I'm new to the forum but have owned a Minix Neo U1 box for over 12 months. I have been trying in all that time to get Kodi to work but never seem to be able to download the add-ons for it. I've tried to follow numerous youtube tutorials and web guides showing how to download add-ons such as Covenant and manage the download ok but fail when I get to the installation bit. When I get instructions such as 'install from zip file' I never see the same instructions as the person in the video I'm watching so can never proceed further. I'm not thick just not very tech savvy so half the jargon I'm reading here goes completely over my head - it's like a foreign language to me. Can anyone please recommend a good guide or video that doesn't use techie jargon and bloody well works!!??? Thank you in advance :)
    (Just realised this is also in the A2 Lite Airmouse section, sorry! Admins - please feel free to move to correct place. I actually have the A2 lite mouse though which doesn't work properly anymore - need some help with that too!!) )
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Moved to Kodi forum.
    Do you know what skin you are using? If you are using a different skin to the videos you are using then you may not see the same screens.
    Can you post a screenshot of the screen you see and what you expect to see?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  3. stephen gordon

stephen gordon New Member

IDK if this will help you or not, but I'll give you my 2 cents. I've been using minix neo for a few years now. I didn't particularly care for xbmc for minix and installed kodi. It was ok for about a year and then started having issues with iptv. Iptv worked but the pvr kept reloading the channels repeatedly so I installed spmc 16.4-2. Haven't had any issues since.

In your case I would ask if you have checked 'allow addons from unknown sources' as the first thing to check. In kodi settings under system, down at the bottom change the settings level to 'expert' if you haven't done that, to see more info.

Try to install a zip for an addon that you know is valid. Covenant has been up and down and depending on the repo, may not be online or you may not have all the dependencies needed for that addon.

Google jesusbox repository and then try installing that and see if it actually installs. Then you could install from repo Genesis Reborn and see if you get that to work.

There is a learning curve with kodi, so just take a deep breath and remember google is your friend. Koditips, noobsandnerds and others are good places to learn.

Hope this gets you at least on the right track.
    KellyND1 likes this.
  4. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

CybeRider likes this.
  5. UltraFusion

UltraFusion New Member

Absolutely brilliant - thanks Villa - you've set the gold standard on youtube Kodi AddOn videos...
    Wasn't able to get Poseidon working (zip wouldn't make connection) so I'll need to do a bit more work on that one...
  6. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

you wont as the developer has shut down his repo
  7. UltraFusion

UltraFusion New Member

8. Frederick_99

you may well get the addon from that sort of repository but the addon is not supported anymore by its original developer
    i assume you are new to Kodi and 3rd party addons so my advice to you is only to install addons from their official repository and not those sort of sites.
  9. Julie34

Julie34 New Member

Thanks everyone for your replies so far, much appreciated. I'm at work currently so can't follow the link to video or do anything with my box but will when I get home.

Higgs: sorry don't know what a skin is (you were all warned!) and also don't know how to take a screenshot from my Minix box? Could you advise further please?

Stephen: I did check the 'allow addons from unknown sources' box a couple of days ago but hadn't done this on earlier attempts so yeah - could've been why those attempts didn't work! Haven't followed any of your other suggestions yet though so will try those tonight, thank you.

Villa: your link is blocked on my work's pc but look forward to taking a look at that vid tonight, thanks.
  10. Frederick_99

I would recommend that you do not install the repository from jesusbox for the same reason in mentioned in my post above.
    However Koditips and noobsandnerds are better sources for kodi advice.
  11. Tara Sazs

Tara Sazs New Member

The video reference given worked like a charm. Really appreciate it.