1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Plex server on NEO U9-H

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by aiptek, Aug 18, 2017.

1. aiptek

aiptek New Member

Hello,

Currently it impossible to install the plex server from Play Store.
    Did someone manage to install the Plex server already on the U9-H?

It is intended, in the near feature, to support also the Plex Server for U9-H?

2. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

What firmware version are you running on your U9-h. I have Plex installed under KODI, although I no longer use it.
    Try going through here to get the proper download:
    https://www.plex.tv/downloads/

3. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

He's asking about the server, not the player. The server will most likely never be supported. At the moment, I believe the server only supports the nvidia shield.

4. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

That is my understanding too!

5. Villa

6. aiptek

aiptek New Member

Hi,
    Yes, I want to install a Plex server on the Minix. The idea is to connect an external HDD to the minix an share the content to other devices.
    @Villa Do you know if is possible to do that?

7. Villa

JJ-KwiK likes this.
  8. Villa

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/turn-old-android-device-media-server/

"To configure the phone as a media server, open the menu and select Settings > System. Here, along with the already selected Advertise as player and Network discovery, select Advertise as server. You could also enable Show camera roll media if you want to view photos on your TV or other Plex-equipped device.

With Plex setup, install it on another device and sign-in with the same account. Open the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to ensure the correct server is selected (in this case, My Nexus 5). You’ll then be able to browse the contents of the server device from your chosen player.

However, note that unless library directories are configured, content will be labelled as “Local” — as long as the remote device is selected in the drop-down menu, the correct media will be accessible."

Screenshot_20170821-114757.png

JJ-KwiK likes this.
  9. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

Google Play store has a Plex Media Server app available.
    The Plex Media Server scans and organizes your media, then lets you stream it to all of your devices. It's the central, most important piece of Plex. Once installed, it gets to work scanning and cataloging every piece of media, making it look beautiful and intuitively organized.

10. Villa

We're all aware of that!
    But it is reported as not compatible.
    @MrBig did you manage to install it?

11. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

12. Villa

13. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

You are correct, I assumed he wanted to get the Plex server installed, regardless. I personally find no need for Plex. I tested it, then never used it again. I use SMB, and http server, on the U9. With those 2, I can access my U9 from anywhere (internet provider provided static ip)

14. jpl69

jpl69 New Member

What app do you use for SMB and hhtp server ?
    Update : Perhaps it's a stupid question because i don't own yet the box!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  15. steveg32

steveg32 Active Member

I have been using Plex for a few years now. I have 2 Plex Media servers installed - on a Windows 10 PC (500+ movies, 1000+ TV Shows, 1000+ Music mp3, & many family videos & photos) and on an Nvidia Shield (for my Movies & TV Show favorites). The U9-H is just a Plex client.

16. aiptek

aiptek New Member

Hi
    Any update on the topic? I'm interested to use at maximum the U9-H, by adding Plex media serve on it. Is unclear why the server doesn't work on the minix and in the shield is fully functional. Currently I think that i chose the wrong device. :(
    Could someone help me?

17. Villa

18. aiptek

aiptek New Member

Great!!! Plex rules. :(

19. aiptek

aiptek New Member

The comment from the \link mentioned by Villa, isn't true. I tested if the app is working on an OnePlus 3 device, and surprise it's working. I was able to install the server and provide the content to a plex client. Than the problem in in the minix !!!

20. Villa

I think you need to be asking over at the Plex Forum aswell!