1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Plus version

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Eyecu, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Eyecu

Eyecu New Member

Just wondering if their are plans for a U9-h plus like what happened with the x8-h/x8-h plus. Dont want to go and upgrade to the u9-h if in a month or two you come out with a plus version.
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Following the x8h-plus was the Minix Neo U1 which has been out over a year there hasn't been a U1-h so i doubt it
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

But what to "plus" ? :eek:

(Seriously, no such plan, each following refresh is gonna be > 1 year.)
  4. Eyecu

Eyecu New Member

Awesome, Thanks Ken, I just didn't want to upgrade both my boxes, and my parents and have to upgrade again in two months time lol.
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's not happening, no worries.
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

+++ More memory, built in TV tuner, Android 10+, dual boot Windows, cup warmer feature, the list is endless!!! ;):ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
    Rui Oliveira likes this.
  7. Eyecu

Eyecu New Member

You forgot, it needs to cook my dinner too lol
  8. Villa

It can all be done with some firmware tweaks!!! (y)
    The (temp controlled) cup warmer will fry an egg most likely! :)
  9. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Yet still no USB 3 ttt:sneaky:
  10. Villa

Yeah, but that's a sensible new addition!!! :rolleyes:
  11. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

That's an AML thing isn't it?
    MINIX have them on their Windows boxes so no reason they wouldn't if they could.
    Never worried me before but now I'll be using an SSD for adoptable storage USB 3.0 would be very handy
  12. the0bone

the0bone Member

Yes it is. And there is no S912, S905x or S905 Box out there (that I know), that have USB3.
    Just some Realtek or Huawai driven Boxes have it.
    And the Realtek one I know just as good as the U1 (on S905 level). And the Huawai is native with Android 5.1.1 (and just by custom ROM Android 6).
    For me the downsides of the others are more critical compared to USB3.

Also because like @Eyecu wrote: I have a Box in the living room and bed room. Yes and I have a NAS! That one have 6TB and USB3. And I would not walk around with a USB HDD and plug it into the boxes :D

Buy a Z83-4 if you need that extra! Much better alternative.
  13. Gh0st

I have a 4 bay NAS myself, I'm only just interested in USB3 now as I've got an SSD hooked up for adoptable storage for the U9-H.
    All my boxes before this the USB has only ever been used to root or install apks.
    I have a Z83-4, also NGC-1 (I have every MINIX box released) unfortunately I'm not a fan of Windows for a set top box. I also have my Windows gaming rig hooked up to the TV anyway which makes a Windows box redundant for me.
    Maybe next gen AML will include USB3
    Villa likes this.
  14. Snakebite

Snakebite Moderator Moderator

Considering going down the adoptable storage path, but I'm thinking going down the micro sd route is the best approach, as it's likely to be on a more permanent basis. From what i understand, you are essentially extending the 16gb for the installation of apps, or maybe the kodi db/config.

Given the volume of NAS audio I have, the db can become quite cumbersome. I don't store media on the minix so would consider maybe 64 or 128GB micro sd more than suitable for app installation in future (just dawned on me that MAME roms could be a good candidate:whistle:)...

So that said I don't really see an immediate limitation being tied to USB 2 for removable media, as the micro sd bus speed should allow it to work more similarly to the onboard RAM...

Thoughts?
  15. Gh0st

I have a 64GB Micro SD in my U1, about 40GB of roms and the rest I used "Folder Mount" app to have all my obbs and app data on.
    I wanted to go larger than 64GB so instead of just having disc 1 ISO of the Final Fantasy PS1 games for example, I could have all 3 or 4.
    A 120GB SSD was actually cheaper than a 120GB SD card.. It also would be more handy for me down the track if I decide to use it for something else as well.

USB 2 is likely only a perceived limitation, I'm not sure what the internal memory speeds actually are either.. haven't tested yet.
    Lindsay likes this.
  16. Harry S

Harry S Member

Let me tell it,
    Should be a version where all the foogle- spyware and -junk is removed. Instead:
    Aptoide, Market, du browser, spmc 16.4.1 with working python (no more https-
    errors in some kodi apps like xstream), basically en-uk layout, fake-gps,
    Nova-launcher (fare better then the other crap), german keyboard,
    (contains mutations like äöü), and some more. ;)
  17. red eye

red eye Member

I look too for a new minix device (i have actualy x8hplus) i wait for the day how minix bring out a android box with more than 2go ram, usb3