1. Official MINIX forum

Port 8080?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Official Firmware Releases' started by mchp92, Jul 19, 2016.

1. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

I just tried to connect thru my browser to the ip of my x8. Connecting on port 8080 gives username/pw prompt. I dont believ i ever set this
    What default value should i try?
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You could try root/123
  3. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Nope. Neither did root/root
  4. Huey

Huey New Member

ADB over wifi is the best way to go if you're going the wireless route and both machines are on the same network. There's free apps in the Playstore that will make it easier for you. It's not as secure as hooking the 2 machines up physically but there's still not that much risk involved. Only the PC you're using will be authenticated to access the Android as per usual with ADB so no need for name and password or using browsers. Port number I don't think matters as long as it's not already a commonly used port pre-assigned for other tasks, like 8080 is, and the apps usually pick one for you. Try this app (I rooted a Z64A using it so know it works), then make sure you disable ADB and this app when you're finished with it as it had a habit of re-enabling itself after reboots back when I used it although they might have ironed that bug out by now:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb&hl=en_GB
  5. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

What on earth does this have to do with the original topic???
    Villa likes this.
  6. Huey

Huey New Member

lol, I like how you ask that as if I'm the idiot in the thread and as if I didn't solve your problem. It's not even that, it took me time to help you succeed in what you were trying to achieve but never in a month of Sundays would or could it succeed, and you're making out my post just came out of nowhere and is totally off-topic. Geez, I give up with this place. If you found my instructions confusing or difficult to follow then all you have to do is ask for some clarity, don't rubbish the help you get as if I just blew it out my arse straying way off-topic in a short thread that's only about one topic - your inability to remotely access your android box from a another machine's internet browser via the 8080 http port and your quest for default names and passwords for that port. My reply was the antedote to everything you were doing wrong in post #1 which is wrong on so many levels I'm not going to list them for the benefit of someone who doesn't want the right answer - he just needs somebody on his same level of stupid (WTF Villa? You think ports have default passwords too and you're a mod here?) to reassure him he's doing it right and with a few more guesses somebody will pop in and leave him the non-existent default name and password for a port that if it did have such a HUGE security hole in it would mean all anyone would need to gain access to all your media files, bank details, emails etc would be your IP address. They'd just stick that in their browser, append :8080 to the end of it and enter "admin" and "password" or other such temporary credentials that come with new hardware like routers.

No ports have default names and passwords. Take that and slap yourself hard with a facepalm. There are 3 of us in this thread and the majority seem to think Android and therefore Minix are so damned sloppy and stupid they're sending out machines with one of the http ports open by default to incoming traffic of any nature and without ever asking for credentials to gain entry except for two default plain text words. Stop trying the impossible and recklessly risky thing you're probably still working away at and use another method. I gave you one that I have experience in using with a 100% success rate compared to your 0% rate and I was rooting an android remotely not just wanting access to a few files. But no, you're totally right. My posts are all off topic. Nothing at all on this whole earth to do with anything anyone else wrote or did.
  7. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

I rest my case.
  8. Villa

Exactly, I am a mod, not an IT expert! The fact that I can be bothered, or not, to offer help and advice has nothing to do with my mod duties.
    I am here to tidy up the Forum and keep things on track! ;)

Do we see your name here?! o_O
    http://www.minixforum.com/members/
    Higgs and midnight like this.
  9. Villa

As for @mchp92's issue, I just thought he was maybe trying to access the Samba server so made a suggestion!
  10. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Issue solved
    Turns out that my xbmc is listening on port 8080, to allow remotes to connect
    Uname/pw as set up in my xbmc setings for this purpose turned out to work
    Villa likes this.