1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Possible to upgrade Minix Neo Z64 running 4.4.4 Kitkat?

Discussion in 'NEO Z64A Official Firmware Releases' started by johnnyc, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Velocity90

Velocity90 New Member

If they choose to be honest in stead of dropping the unit I would be more mellow. I still have a z64 which is useless and unsellable(even with aprox 3 hours on time!) . It would suit them if they would at least give a discount if I sent it to them. Very expensive paper weight. Complete waste of money
  2. midnight

midnight Active Member

Why is it useless, I still watch Netflix and Kodi on mine ?o_O
  3. Velocity90

Velocity90 New Member

Kodi settings? I can't watch one single movie or series without audio sync problems when pauzed
  4. midnight

midnight Active Member

What version of Kodi are you using ? ..... I got directly to the tv via HDMI no receiver.
  5. Velocity90

Velocity90 New Member

Tried every version of spmc, kodi and minix xbmc. Its a well known issue. Tried on 2 z64 boxes and I agree with the masses. Its useless. Sure you got an z64a! Not an z64w?
  6. midnight

midnight Active Member

Nope its an A for sure . I generally use my U1 in our bedroom but I'm definitely check it out in the next day or so and report back ! thank-you for the civil discussion on what could be a heated topic !:)
  7. Velocity90

Velocity90 New Member

No need for a heated discussion :) try pauzing some movies. I personally have sync problems from the beginning.
  8. midnight

midnight Active Member

I will . I also have a X8H-plus hooked up to the same tv as the Z64 that my kids primarily use so i can switch devices without them even knowing and I will definitely hear about any issues ;)
  9. Velocity90

Velocity90 New Member

X8 has no issues, only the z64. Im moving on and Friday I will start from scratch with 2 u1's. With pain I will throw away the pretty much unused z64...
  10. midnight

midnight Active Member

Good luck with the move... The U1 is awesome ! why throw out the Z64, keep it .... you never know ;)
  11. Velocity90

Velocity90 New Member

It's Intel based and there will be no updates :) I have no idea need for it. It will make a great fake Christmas tree xd

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 9 met Tapatalk
  12. Ray Santos

Ray Santos New Member

[QUOTE = "meia-noite, post: 117798, membro: 1303"] Nem todos os fabricantes obter todas as coisas certo o tempo todo, pode-se debater que esta foi "a sul com pressa" :apito:Eles na minha opinião tem muitas outras unidades correta, então eu Para um não vai desistir deles, mesmo se este não é atualizado para além do seu nível atual. [/ QUOTE]

Então eu vou continuar com uma compra que já fiz ? Ele tá rodando normal o kodi 16.1 ?
  13. midnight

midnight Active Member

are you able to post in English?
  14. midnight

midnight Active Member

I would still keep it .;)
  15. Ray Santos

Ray Santos New Member

[QUOTE = "midnight, post: 117815, member: 1303"] você pode postar em inglês? [/ QUOTE]

So can I continue to purchase the z64A ?
  16. midnight

midnight Active Member

Do your home work and you can decide :)
  17. Velocity90

Velocity90 New Member

Don't buy it! It's useless. No joke

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 9 met Tapatalk
  18. midnight

midnight Active Member

Not saying I totally disagree with all your thoughts but I have watched two newer movies in the past day or so, one was 1080 and the other a 720 using 16.0 .... I had no issues , tried pausing like you said, worked fine. Maybe a slight sync issue but very minimal.
    I have it hard wired Ethernet and my speed is around 25mbps. :)