1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Power led Green instead of Blue?!?

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by wargo, Dec 19, 2016.

1. wargo

wargo New Member

Hello,

it has happened couple of times,

from Minix off:
    I tried to turn it on and instead a green light show up and no boot at all, had to remove the power cable and try again.

from Minix on:
    I turned off from windows and the light instead of going off it went from blue to green.

no documentation found, any help please?
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Did you update to BIOS V1.4?
  3. wargo

wargo New Member

I can try to update the bios, but this doesn't explain the meaning of the green light, till yesterday everything was working. Now again it seems I can't boot the minix anymore, how is this related to the bios version?
  4. MINIX - Ken

BIOS V1.4 fixed a problem that may cause boot issue,
    and added a recovery option when it happens.

P.S. I've message you the instructions to clear the CMOS data, sorry about the trouble!
  5. superzagor

superzagor New Member

I have same problem!
    I can not turn on Minix, only the green light!
  6. MINIX - Ken

Instructions sent, please check.
  7. AbC

AbC New Member

Same problem here. Please send me instructions.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. wargo

wargo New Member

Updating the BIOS seems to solve the issue

thanks
  9. dedosan

dedosan New Member

Same problem for me. Please send me instruction please.
  10. MINIX - Ken

Yes, we recommend you all to update to V1.4 BIOS and disable fast startup to avoid locking up due to power outage which corrupts the system.
  11. MINIX - Ken

Sent, please check your inbox.
  12. liad

liad New Member

hi, got same problem. device is dead and power light is green. how can i update bios if the device wont go on?
  13. MINIX - Ken

The attempt is to reset it first.
    I've sent you the instructions to reset BIOS.
  14. ProBu

ProBu New Member

Hi, I have the same problem. Green light constantly and never turn on again. Can you send me the instrcutions to solve the problem. Thanks.
    And how to reset?
  15. andreadisanto

andreadisanto New Member

I have the SAME problem. I didn't updated BIOS and I am stuck with black screen and dim green led.
    Please, send me the instructions as soon as possible.
    Thanks.
  16. CBCB

CBCB New Member

I have the same issue as well @MINIX - Ken . I received the new system yesterday, updated Windows and shut down properly. Now today it won't boot, nothing on screen and green light blinks. Please send instructions for reset and BIOS info as soon as you can. I was relying on this system for something quite important tomorrow night and am praying I can get it functioning again before then. TIA.
  17. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

@MINIX - Ken is there a reason for not posting the BIOS reset instructions publicly?
    Is it not just a case of pressing the button inside the recovery hole for 5 seconds, with the power disconnected, to reset the BIOS?
  18. CBCB

CBCB New Member

I've tried this with no luck. Nothing shows on the screen and the green light just blinks. This was with the exact same monitor, keyboard, etc that was working fine yesterday before doing a normal shutdown from Windows. Also I should note the Windows 10 fast boot feature has always been disabled.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  19. MINIX - Ken

Yes, because there is nothing special about that.
  20. MINIX - Ken

We are flying to USA to attend CES so please forgive our late response for the coming week.
    Please check the private message I sent you, thanks.