1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Problem after update

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by zuzy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. zuzy

zuzy New Member

Hello all,

I have the following problem after update of FW 20150402.

When I want to play movie is XBMC/Kodi, the signal is lost and TV is searching for picture imput. After about 8 - 10 sec I can see the picture normally.

Before the update the picture was shown immadiatelly after clicking on "Play".

How to fix this?

I have Neo X8-H Plus.

Regards
    ZUZY
  2. deMARC

deMARC New Member

Same issue on my box after upgrade to FW004 via OTA. I use SMPC 14.2 (Kodi fork). Playing some mkv files signal is lost on the tv. It happen letting the control of the refresh frame rate to Kodi. When MINIX take the control of the refresh frame rate the problem disappear. On version FW003 this did not happen.
  3. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

Hi you can try two things:
    -factory reset on your minix and then install just xbmc/kodi and try playing a movie.
    And then test
    -clean everything you have on kodi.
    And then test

What kodi version do you have ? i use kodi 14.1 stable and not the latest (kodi 14.2 or kodi 15....)
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's not a bug, it's refresh rate switching active,
    disable it if you don't want to use it.
    But you get smoother, better playback with this feature ON.
  5. zuzy

zuzy New Member

Hello,

I didn´t have any problems with smoothness by playback before. The picture is the same as before.

Regarding the Kodi and XBMC, I have both installed and both have the same problem.

Kodi I have 14.1 and I can change the settings to automatically change the refresh rate.
    XBMC I have 13.3 (not sure) - official Minix edition. If I swich to automatically change the refresh rate, then I can´t play movies at all. It just loose signal and have to restart Minix.

For me is solution to dowgrade from 004 to 003. How to make it?

Regards
    ZUZY
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try turning off the self adaptive refresh rate switching (MINIX settings / display)
    Your TV must be having an issue switching refresh rates.
  7. exodus123456

exodus123456 Member

What TV do you have?
  8. zuzy

zuzy New Member

Hello,

I have projector Optoma HD40.

I didn´t have the problem before I had 003 FW in Minix.

ZUZY
  9. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

But we haven't change the HDMI output parameters between 003 and 004...
  10. exodus123456

exodus123456 Member

It may have a longer reconnect delay when the device switches the refresh rate? (compared to a tv)

You may check the switch refresh rate option inside XBMC/kodi? you may have it activated in both places generating the problem, you must only use it in one place.