1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Problem installing (finding?) Fusion plugin

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Andrew, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Andrew

Andrew Member

Hello,
    I have seen a couple of examples of how to install Fusion from XBMChub and as a direct download but so far I have been unsuccessful in installing? Nothing ends up in a Fusion folder when using the install from ZIP approach and the other source just take me to a folder saying go to WWW.TVADDONS.AG. When I try to create a source with that path it can't find it?
    I'm using the latest X& FW and release of XBMC.

I'm pretty greeen with all this X7 and XBMC stuff so any help appreciated.
  2. Lanzalad

Lanzalad Member

the best way i found was to install gotham onto my pc install all the files and check them all are working delete the ones that dont work and then do a XBMC backup.

copy the file to an sd card or usd and then do a restore on the minix box.

you can find out how to backup and restore on youtube
  3. Andrew

Andrew Member

Thx for the info. So the code of a PC install of XBMC runs on Android too. I hadn't realised it was all the same code base.
    I can try this out but being a new user it'll take me some time I guess...
    cheers
  4. smera

smera Member

Usually the problem in installing Fusion comes from mistakes when entering the http address for fusion. Tutorial is posted on XBMChub, but you need following the installation of fusion, to install several addons from repository contained therein.
  5. jsegovia612

jsegovia612 Member

6. Lanzalad

Lanzalad Member

Its also much better to use a keyboard and you would also need one to set up the XBMC using the command C when high lighing a file.

this is one of the reasons i use a pc then backup and restore to the minix boxes
  7. Andrew

Andrew Member

Thanks for all the replies. I had 3 different sources which did not connect when I set them up yesterday however, when I accessed them today one of them did work!
    So a restart was necessary, at least in my case. I then managed to fumble my way through the install o feach of the zips and even get access to a couple of the sites available thru Fusion.
    Problem now is that many appear to be coming up with "scipt failures". The access is also very slow and the couple of sites I checked seem to take forever to load. In any case I am on my way so must be doing something right now. Maybe most of the sites are PTV (pay to view) subscription sites?
    I will continue my investigation as this is all new to me.
  8. Lanzalad

Lanzalad Member

there's loads to list but i'll do some digging around and i'll post them for you..
    Andrew likes this.
  9. Andrew

Andrew Member

Thank you so much. A little help from someone who has been there and done that will go a long way!
    Cheers
  10. smera

smera Member

Once you installed Fusion, go to the folder with repositories and install them one by one (dozens of them) and then enable them under program section. Sometimes, due to server problems some of them will install slowly.
    Once you done that, you can through similar procedure install mashup and istream.
    For Mashup write http://install.mashupxbmc.com and for istream http://use.superrepo.org/
    Andrew likes this.
  11. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Mashup is no more, phoenix has taken over from mashup now.