1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Problem updating to Windows 1709?

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by with2Ls, Mar 6, 2018.

1. with2Ls

with2Ls New Member

After much hassle getting to Windows 10 #1703, does any genius know how to achieve this on this machine?

(Without dangerous low-level drive partition juggling / formatting...)

Why can't you divert the updates to an SD-CARD? I've got 32GB installed that it completely ignores. Really stupid bulldozer logic which has no place in 2018.

It keeps trying day after day, trashing my bandwidth limits.

Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

3. with2Ls

with2Ls New Member

Thanks, but yes I've done that deleting obscure fonts thing. That is how I got to Windows 10 #1703. But I'll have another look to make sure.
  4. I was able to load 1709 from scratch but not from an update. Be aware that I am yet to find a driver for WiFI that allows even remotely decent speed. With the original OS load from Minix, Wifi speeds were just fine, but when I reloaded to 1709 with the drivers available from this site, and placing the .txt file in the correct location, I cannot get above 25-30mb on an internet speedtest. All of my other devices are cruising at 150mb-200mb.
  5. Sa7375

Sa7375 New Member

Hi Brian! Is your WiFi network an 802.11 ac: if yes, what connection speeds are you getting for your WiFi card on Z83-4 within the network (not the Speedtest)? Thanks.
  6. with2Ls

with2Ls New Member

So what do MINIX say? I bought the product under the reasonable expectation that it would cope with upcoming Windows updates (certainly within 6 months of purchase).
    MINIX have a legal duty to support their products under a reasonable "fitness for purpose" view under the Consumer Rights Act.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  7. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

As mentioned in a previous thread, the Windows 10 image found in the link below has the correct partition adjustments:

So, if you install this image, you'll then be able to successfully install all the latest Windows Updates on NEO Z83-4.