1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Problem with audio passthrough since recent update

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Larry Shamash, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Larry Shamash

Larry Shamash New Member

Hello,

Really enjoying my U1. Audio passthrough for 7.1 worked great until I just updated to U1 MY47V.20170227. All stereo videos play well in XBMC 16.3 with good sound. 5.1 and 7.1 video plays well in XBMC 16.3 except sometimes sound is muted. It appears to happen always with .mkv files but some MP3 files will work intermittently. At times the MP3 files will play then make an awful screeching sound.

Anyone have the same experience? Anyone have any advice?
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Clear the cache and data of the MINIX XBMC app.
    It still remembering the last firmware's info. and would conflict.
  3. Larry Shamash

Larry Shamash New Member

thanks Ken! clearing cache and setting audio digital sound to HDMI did the trick! Works great!

Larry
  4. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Where's this specifically, recovery? Sorry, still relatively new to Android.
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Settings, Apps
    Select the app you want and select Clear cache

Screenshot_2017-03-27-11-37-29.png
  6. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Thanks @Villa! What specifically are affected by cache, and data? Just asking to understand what's in both..... it necessary to clear both?
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Do NOT clear data it will remove all Add-ons and XBMC Settings! :eek:
    Always best to perform a Kodi/XBMC backup before! ;)

In this case for the OP, @Larry Shamash, @MINIX - Ken has suggested he clear data too!
    Sherpa25 likes this.
  8. Larry Shamash

Larry Shamash New Member

Hi Ken, actually it worked for me without clearing data. First try simply Going to settings, Audio, Digital Sounds, set to HDMI.

If that does not work, then you can clear the cache.

Larry
  9. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

But if I use an HDMI cable from U1 to receiver (or TV, or Soundbar), there's no other setting to use other than HDMI, so my setting's been on HDMI ever since the start. Unless you're speaking of something else?
  10. Larry Shamash

Larry Shamash New Member

Well, in my case I am using the most common setup which is an HDMI cable to my receiver. Since the update I began to have some screeching sounds and at times volume was very low.

In the settings described above it was set to automatic instead of HDMI. By forcing to HDMI my problem was solved.

Larry
  11. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Oh ok, 'Automatic' is the other option. Great, thanks.
  12. CaviaR_HUN

CaviaR_HUN New Member

Hi!
    A half year ago, I happily used the XBMC with my DTS enabled 5.1 amp through SPDIF. It worked great, than I needed to turn off the surround speakers. Some days ago, I wanted to re-enable the 5.1, but there is no option to it in the XBMC Audio settings, simply disappeared.

Is it a common thing, or I just do something wrong? How can I modify the number of the channels?
  13. CaviaR_HUN

CaviaR_HUN New Member

Please help!
  14. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

you don't say what version of xbmc you are using but settings wont just dissapear on their own..
    current recommendation is to use kodi 17.3
  15. CaviaR_HUN

CaviaR_HUN New Member

Thank you, I tried the kodi 17.3, but I had another problem with it: the sound is great, i can set the channel numbers, but the movies are a littlebit stuttering,

In the stock XBMC (like 16.X) there is an option to turn off the hardware acceleration, there is 4 options to turn off, and it resolved the problem completely. But in the Kodi 17.3, there are only 2 options: "MediaCodec Surface" and "MediaCodec".
    I tried to turn them off, tried to turn off only one, but no success, the playback much more worse than XBMC 16. Any suggestions?
  16. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We are building our own V17 MINIX XBMC.
    It will be released soon. It's alpha stage now.
    Sherpa25, kingsizept and midnight like this.
  17. Jagerbomb

Jagerbomb New Member

I have a bug report for the last firmware:

Since the last firmware update, in XBMC (default version) whenever I fastforward a video the audio becomes unsynchronized to the video. It happens mostly with old AVI videos in DivX/XviD codec. I cleared data and cache, it did not work.
    I disabled hardware acceleration (turned off all settings), it seems to have worked.
  18. PACOJONES

PACOJONES New Member

Good afternoon, already delete the cache of xbmc and continues to make the sound chirping since I also have the same problems as the previous users, but I am not fixed erasing the cache. What I can do? It's very disgusting...
  19. Gunny

Gunny New Member

And with me I now have sound out of sync with passtrough turned on... Like 3ms on Kodi. On Mx player it's fine.
  20. Gunny

Gunny New Member

Well once again a simple solution in my case... So.. my problem was that the audio was out of sync of +0.3ms.. so...

1- I solved the problem with setting the audio sync delay but its not fun to have to set the audio delay for each file I play.. it sucks this way..

2- then I saw that my lg TV has a setting that I can delay/advance the audio for hdmi arc (I am using this) it fixed it... But I didn't stop there... Because I thought that this could not be a 100% fix for every files... So.. I kept going..

3- I saw in the settings of the neo u1 that it has playback option and could set the audio delay...it worked but not with Kodi.. Mx player was fine with this option.. audio was in sync. But I want to use Kodi.. just Kodi...

4- I searched on the web and saw that frames and stuff related to the image can influence the sound to be out of sync.. so I changed my TV definitions for cinema mode... And bang! Problem solved..

5- I didn't test the hdmi self adoration level options to see if it also influences the audio or image out of sync...

Conclusion:

Problem was not in the audio but in the image that was too slow to arrive.. at least that's what I suppose.

DTS and Dolby working fine with hdmi arc.
    Minix neo u1 latest firmware with Kodi 16.3.
    kingsizept likes this.