1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Problem with audio passthrough since recent update

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Larry Shamash, Mar 5, 2017.

1. elpreto

elpreto New Member

Hi.
    I guess this user was having the problem with the previous update, now all the videos I was watching in the past are still working fine using passthrough, but, I have downloaded some new videos were the sound doesn't work until I remove the passthrough.
    I tried in Kodi 17.3 and in XBMC for Minix, both have the same problem.

I already cleaned the cache of both and my audio is set to HDMI.

Any suggestion?

Regards.
  2. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

I concur, experiencing this too, no audio at initial playback. I have to disable passthrough, then re-enable it, then audio returns. Not sure what's causing it since the update was weeks ago, and noticed this fairly recently only, though I had no changes OTOH.
  3. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Active Member

Kodi Krypton 17.3 needs Android Marshmallow Firmware (backported) IEC61937 support for comprehensive Audio passthrough.
    Android Marshmallow is API v23

You can read all about Android Firmware requirements needed for Audio passthrough in Kodi Krypton...

from Posts #1 and #2 here (click)

Basically hassle MINIX for a U1 Marshmallow Firmware upgrade like other companies are now providing for AMLogic S905/S905X devices.
  4. yellowmonkey

yellowmonkey New Member

Lately, i am not getting 5.1 audio out of the unit. Done the clear cache procedure. but still no audio. The digital audio is connected to HDMI. audio pass through is turned on. What changed recently. I am running KODI 17.4 . No problem playing stereo streams. having this issue with 720p MP4 streams. thank you in advance.
  5. yellowmonkey

yellowmonkey New Member

Just updated kodi to 17.5 now there is no audio from any streams. WHY???