1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Problems related to self installation of Windows

Discussion in 'Z83-4 Alternate OS discussion' started by Super Buzz, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Super Buzz

Super Buzz New Member

All,

Just installed 64 bit version of windows 8.1 pro as I really don't like the privacy setting on windows 10.
    99% of the windows drivers work perfectly. However has anyone managed to get any official windows 8.1 drivers for this chip set?

The ones that don't work so far are drivers.jpg

Its all fun.
    Buzz
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

3. Super Buzz

Super Buzz New Member

Thanks Villa for a quick reply! Windows 10 installs perfect and I don't have a driver issue.
    This is WINDOWS 8.1 PRO I took off windows 10 as I really need version 8.1
    As I said before most of the digital signed windows 10 drivers work on 8.1 just need a these ones that don't x64 bit 8.1
  4. Super Buzz

Super Buzz New Member

Here is an example of windows 10 driver not signed for windows 8.1

Attached Files:

5. Villa

6. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

8. Super Buzz

Super Buzz New Member

I totally understand its not an official supported platform. Thanks anyway!

PS the new Neo is awesome great job minix team!!!!
    MINIX - Ken likes this.
  9. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

10. Super Buzz

Super Buzz New Member

Thanks so much newbie99; managed to install another 3 still missing drivers a few more that did not work ;)
    Would be be great if Intel did a generic update for 8.1. few refuse to start.
    newbie99 likes this.
  11. MINIX - Ken

12. Motoarzan

Motoarzan New Member

I reset my Z83-4 and did a fresh install of windows 10 and now there is no Audio. The audio icon in the task bar is X out and you can't even select a default audio device. In the device manager there isn't even a Sound, Game and Display option to load drivers.
    From the research I've done I think I need to enable sound in the bios or something like that. Can you help me and direct me to a solution of what the problem could be. Thanks
    no sound 1 Capture.PNG no sound 2 Capture.PNG
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  13. Villa

Try this!
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/z83-4-windows-10-drivers.14297/#post-111037
  14. Motoarzan

Motoarzan New Member

Thanks. I saw that post already and downloaded the drivers earlier. I'm just not that computer savvy and didn't know how to load them. Hope I did it right...it worked so assume so.
    Here's what I did. 1. Downloaded the drivers. 2. Extracted the zip file. 3. manually dragged and dropped the drivers into C:Windows\System32\Drivers 4. Went to device Manager and right clicked on the "Unknown Devices" (there were 4 of them), and selected update install drivers 5. Instead of searching for drivers, selected the other option to point it to the right path...the drivers folder.
    Repeat for all unknow devices....It all works now.
    Villa likes this.
  15. Chris Page

Chris Page Member

I am also trying to use Windows 8 pro, and running in to a few problems.

I have followed all the links and used the w10 and Intel drivers. Also turned off signed drivers and done the bios update.

1. Intel serial io grip controller (the driver may be corrupt or missing. code 39)
    2. As a result of 1. I think that's why the audio won't start.
    3. The WiFi if not even detected so cannot use the drivers. I really need an installer.

If anyone else has got a bit further please let me know :)
  16. MINIX - Ken

http://minixforum.com/threads/z83-4-windows-10-drivers.14297/

The drivers should work, but I'm not 100% sure.
  17. MINIX - Ken

All problems related to self-installation of Windows (8/8.1/etc) will be moved to this thread.
  18. Super Buzz

Super Buzz New Member

Well i am 99% drivers installed on windows 8.1 Pro.

Works like a dream also found some very useful updates on the HP drivers page!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pro-tablet-608-g1/7484083/drivers

Download driver chipset : Intel IO/Video/Audio/Camera Driver Pack : 113896 Rev.A 222.3 MB Apr 14, 2016

Then do a windows update and look all now working!!

Including bluetooth and network :)

upload_2016-10-27_8-31-26.png
    sFinley, MINIX - Ken and newbie99 like this.