1. Official MINIX forum

Product and Vendor IDs for the A3 Remote

Discussion in 'NEO A3' started by JJ-KwiK, Mar 19, 2017.

1. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK New Member

I'm looking for the product and vendor IDs for the Minix A3 remote. I plugged the dongle into my pc, and window's device manager detects the VID as 0C40 and the PID as 7A1C. When I go into my Minix U9-H and explore the keylayouts, Vendor_0C40_Product_7A1C.kl is labelled as an Apple keyboard when the keylayout file is opened in text format.

Could someone provide me with the proper kl file for this remote, as I can't seem to find any .kl file on my U9-H that is labelled as "Minix A3", when opened. If not, I would happily settle for the proper PID/VID so I can make my own .kl file.

Thanks!!
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Higgs and JJ-KwiK like this.
  3. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK New Member

Awesome, thank you. I will pull the file from my U9-H. I thought Windows was falsely detecting the dongle.

Just out of curiosity, do you know of why MINIX remotes are labelled as Apple Wireless Keyboards?
  4. Villa

My guess is the file is an edited generic file (Apple source) and that part hasn't been edited.
    JJ-KwiK likes this.
  5. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK New Member

Ah... Being new to Minix products, I wasn't sure if someone provided an explanation along the way. Either way, I got what I needed. Thanks again!!
  6. Villa

I don't recall anyone asking until now! :)
    Most users would not even be aware of a key layout file, let alone have ever seen inside one! ;)
    JJ-KwiK likes this.
  7. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK New Member

Lulz... True enough.