1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Product and Vendor IDs for the A3 Remote

Discussion in 'NEO A3' started by JJ-KwiK, Mar 19, 2017.

1. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

I'm looking for the product and vendor IDs for the Minix A3 remote. I plugged the dongle into my pc, and window's device manager detects the VID as 0C40 and the PID as 7A1C. When I go into my Minix U9-H and explore the keylayouts, Vendor_0C40_Product_7A1C.kl is labelled as an Apple keyboard when the keylayout file is opened in text format.

Could someone provide me with the proper kl file for this remote, as I can't seem to find any .kl file on my U9-H that is labelled as "Minix A3", when opened. If not, I would happily settle for the proper PID/VID so I can make my own .kl file.

Thanks!!
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Higgs and JJ-KwiK like this.
  3. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

Awesome, thank you. I will pull the file from my U9-H. I thought Windows was falsely detecting the dongle.

Just out of curiosity, do you know of why MINIX remotes are labelled as Apple Wireless Keyboards?
  4. Villa

My guess is the file is an edited generic file (Apple source) and that part hasn't been edited.
    JJ-KwiK likes this.
  5. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

Ah... Being new to Minix products, I wasn't sure if someone provided an explanation along the way. Either way, I got what I needed. Thanks again!!
  6. Villa

I don't recall anyone asking until now! :)
    Most users would not even be aware of a key layout file, let alone have ever seen inside one! ;)
    JJ-KwiK likes this.
  7. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

Lulz... True enough.
  8. Socks

Socks New Member

Can you post a link to the file please?
  9. JJ-KwiK

JJ-KwiK Active Member

Which kl do you need? A2, A2 lite or A3?
  10. Socks

Socks New Member

A3 please
  11. Kiran

Kiran New Member

Has anyone got all the buttons to work on different android box like the H96 pro +? I would really like to use my A3 on my H96 Pro+.
  12. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You should be able to remap the buttons with Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner or a similar app, so they work with your android box.
  13. Kiran

Kiran New Member

i tried multilingual keyboard remapper. it is not working. i am able to only map apps.
  14. Marty

Marty Active Member

Hi Kiran, to get the A2 Lite to work on other boxes I had to copy over the Minix remote.conf into system\etc and the vendor kl file into system\usr\keylayout, I would assume it is the same for the A3. Available here for the next 30 days:
    https://ufile.io/l6nz9

With regards to having all the buttons working (in my case Recent Apps & All Apps), I have asked the question but it must be a closely held secret as there has been no response:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-firmware-may-2017.16633/page-12#post-133504
    Kiran and JJ-KwiK like this.
  15. Kiran

Kiran New Member

Oh wow! Thanks! I tried it an can confirm that power button works (from IR), menu button works. This is very good!. Mic button and mic not working. Settings button not working. Have not tried forward, rewind and app drawer buttons yet. Will check and post details later tonight.

Thank you again for the files! (y)
    Marty likes this.
  16. Socks

Socks New Member

There must be a way to get the mic to work
  17. V0lkh

V0lkh New Member

Hi guys, was anyone able to get the remote.conf file that Marty provided and is able to upload it to a different service?
  18. Marty

Marty Active Member

19. V0lkh

V0lkh New Member

Marty likes this.
  20. veey

veey New Member

How can I get those files for the A3 remote? The mic probably hasn't worked for Kiran because the A2 Lite doesn't have one, so I wanted to test with the A3 remote.conf file