1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

FAQ PS4 dualshock controller support

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 9, 2016.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all,

Recently SONY released a wireless USB receiver for the PS4 dual shock controller:
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor/

It's supposed to work with Windows & Mac but we have already tested it on U1 and it's working.

We tested on FW010.

So please go get one if you want to use this controller on your U1, the official dongle is now there.

Please kindly note.

Regards,
    Team MINIX.

sangaz, fffaj, d4n24 and 7 others like this.
  2. Repomeng

Repomeng New Member

Hi ken,

So there is no other economic way to connect ds4 controller to the box?

3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Root & buy an app?

4. OliverTwist

OliverTwist New Member

Good day dear Ken. How about PS3 original controller? Is it possible to game if I got one?

Send from my Huawei Mate 8 using Tapatalk

5. newbie99

newbie99 Ex Moderator

I would say it's a question you have to ask SONY.
    If the USB-Receiver doesn't work with the PS3 controller http://www.minixforum.com/threads/ps3-controller.10066/

6. SolidSouf

SolidSouf New Member

I Bought the usb receiver and it works great!! I am using it with my raspberry pi macbook en minix. I love it!

7. Patienceman

Patienceman New Member

Hi guys

Seems the official wireless Sony adapter does not work with U1 and latest version of firmware ( constantly waiting in pair mode ). Ive confirmed the adapter works with my Windows 10 laptop. Im going to revert back to version 10 as confirmed as working above. Completely new to this but will reverting to a previous firmware version like this cause any harm to my box?

Any advice appreciated as always.
    cheers

8. SolidSouf

SolidSouf New Member

Which firmware do you have?

I have fw 11 en works well.

9. Patienceman

Patienceman New Member

Hi

Thanks for your response

I am using U1 FW11 20161201 firmware. Are you using the Sony USB wireless receiver or going wired into your Minix?

I can't get either working, if I plug an old Buffalo SNES controller in and calibrate with Retrox it works fine although introduces annoying lagg,

What exact steps are you taking? Maybe I'm Missing something.

I insert the adaptor which goes a slow blinking blue, turn on BLueTooth and then put the DS4 into pairing mode ( flashing white quickly ) but it just sits in an attempted searching pairing state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. SolidSouf

SolidSouf New Member

Just like MINI ken mentioned. This is working
    [​IMG]

I am using it wireless. Turn off your Minix bluetooth off. Insert the usb. Push the usb with little force into the usb port until the blue light start flashing faster. I didn't knew this at first and couldn't alsof pair.
    Then at your dualshock press the home + Share button until the dualshock light starts flashing faster. They will auto connect.
    I'm also using fw 11.

Remember when you insert the usb, press it a bit hard. This is a function in the usb wireless adaptor to start pairing.

11. Patienceman

Patienceman New Member

Thanks very much for that! I have renewed faith and will give this a blast once I get out of the office today :)

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Matiazul

Matiazul New Member

Perfect! But, can you connect 2 joysticks with one usb receiver? Did you try that?

Thanks in advance !

13. jools

jools New Member

You can connect DS4 in bluetooth mode to any Android device:

14. feumarinho

feumarinho New Member