1. Official MINIX forum

Pulling my hair out trying to choose a media box

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by tikigod19, Jan 4, 2017.

1. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

hi all, I just sold my minix neo x8h. I hated the fact that you cant turn it on with the remote and generally how sluggish my harmony one remote was when controlling it.

I've bought an s905 type box upstairs, cheap thing and it works great, but doesnt get netflix UHD as its android on a chinese box.

I'm now after a streamer where I can install Kodi and Netflix UHD that can be used with my harmony remote (OR the remote from the box can be used to control my sonos soundbar for volume)

I basically am trying to avoid havign to watch movies with 2 remotes in my hand.

Has anyone got any suggestions? UI saw the mi box (couldnt believe how cheap it was) but no ethernet port = killer

I saw the amazon fire tv but it's wifi remote means it cant be controlled with my harmony one. I love the voice search on the amazon remote but no way to control sonos sound bar and i just cant be using 2 remotes one for navigating and one for volume!

I'm pulling my hair out as i'm about to walk to the post office to posh my x8-h and i dont have the replacement in mind yet!
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I believe Netflix is only available in SD on MINIX devices! :(
  3. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

i guess this is the wrong place to ask what you guys would recommend beyond the minix range?? (y)
  4. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty sure you are correct .... as usual ;)