1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Question on Nova Launcher settings

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by Cyberman, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Cyberman

Cyberman Member

Currently trying Nova alongside SquareHome Tablet (I like Minix Metro but too many empty non-user configurable folders / tiles).

Not sure if this is default behaviour for Nova or not but it's REALLY infuriating. I'm used to navigating by using the Fly pointer to flick up / down / left / right. However I've noticed that recently when I go the app drawer and flick up it's CONSTANTLY placing the app on my home screen, invariably screwing up my neatly arranged layout. I then have to go back, remove the damn app and re-arrange it all again :mad: I've noticed there's some light grey highlight box that's appearing (doubtless it's over whatever app it installs at the time) and this highlight box also appears on my homescreen unless I click the fly and that removes it.

Now I'm fairly sure this wasn't happening before on a previous install but I've trawled the settings trying to find anything that can switch this off. I'm sure I saw a 'swipe up to.......' setting but I'm not sure if that was for this behaviour. The "Don't pi55 me off" setting is sadly missing too (n)

Any ideas???
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I don't see this issue!

You can lock the desktop if that helps?

Screenshot_20170322-101047.png

With the Desktop locked, when you long press on an icon you will get this...

Screenshot_20170322-102057.png
  3. Villa

Screenshot of grey box so we can see what you mean!
    I think I know, but I don't see them appearing, only when I have loaded a saved desktop.
  4. Cyberman

Cyberman Member

Yeah I have the lock on already. When I then unlock it to add an app from the app drawer, flicking up with the pointer doesn't flick the screen up, instead it flings some app to the home screen. Just tried it again and it's not doing it. Bizarre. I'll try and grab a shot next time it does. Trouble is it'll be nigh on impossible to shoot the app as it flies up LOL. I should be able to get the grey highlight box over the app though.
  5. Villa

I only meant a screenshot of the grey box!
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

When scrolling, don't click and hold on an app, click and hold on a blank part of the page. (btw, my app drawer swipes left-right not up/down, maybe a setting I have different)
  7. Cyberman

Cyberman Member

Thanks. I'll monitor it, see if the behaviour returns. I'll get a screenshot of the grey box too, have a feeling that'll return before long.