1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Quickscroll through file list Kodi (16.3)

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by FrankG, Mar 6, 2017.

1. FrankG

FrankG New Member

Anybody has an idea how to quickly scroll through a file/movie list?

Let's say that I have 150 movies in 1 folder and I want to see the movies in the middle of the list, i have to press 75 times on the down arrow to get there. I have the a2 lite remote and I've tried using the keyboard to type the name of the movie I want to see ( to quickly jump to it), but to no avail.

Anyone has an idea as to how can quickly select the movie I want to see from a long list?
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

keep the down arrow button pressed ?
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

...or use the scroll bar?
  4. FrankG

FrankG New Member

Yeah, but that something I want to sprevent as this makes a lot of noise every time it hits a line

That is actually a good tip, cuts down on the ticking noise every time it scroll down. Never noticed the scrollbar before you mentioned it. I pressed the arrow to the right and then it lit up, then pressing down scrolls down considerably faster. Thank you for that tip, maybe it would be quicker if we can use the keyboard to jump to a iff we already know the name. Just a tip.
    Villa likes this.
  5. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

you can turn off or choose different gui sounds in the xbmc/kodi settings...i use Titan modern !

if you move to the right and then hit the down arrow key it moves down a page at a time...so yes quicker !
  6. FrankG

FrankG New Member

Thanks for the tip!