1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

RAM Upgrade - CL9 or CL11

Discussion in 'NGC-1' started by Alberto96, May 18, 2017.

1. Alberto96

Alberto96 New Member

I know that a question about RAM Upgrade has been already posted in the past, but i was wondering whether a CL9 DDR3L-1600 RAM Module would work fine or not on the NGC-1 considering that the pre-installed RAM Module is a CL11 variant.

Just curious, because with CL9 i would gain a minor performance boost.

Thanks in advance.

@MINIX - Ken I guess you are the one who can give me a 99% sure reply.
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. klm

klm New Member

Hi it's so simple just open the box see the installerd memory and buy the same one model but 8 GB (Samsung), I have a post about that and that is it. I did the same (upgraded 8 GB) and work perfectly, preindtalled my windows, upgraded bios , after fresh install updates drivers(one by one from device manager(right click"update driver")) and the Ngc-1 is perfect, I have never had such problems as most people complain. The box has much better performance and all that(with the 8GB) costed me 400 CAD.
    Before that I had neoZ64A and U1.
  3. Alberto96

Alberto96 New Member

Unfortunately this isn't the reply to my question.
  4. klm

klm New Member

Sorry my friend I just shared my experience.
  5. Alberto96

Alberto96 New Member

Sure, i appreciate that. I'm not blaming you :)

I'm just saying that the reply isn't proper for my question.
  6. Sky-News

Sky-News New Member

Hi Alberto, Well happy to say that the Samsung memory has arrived from the USA and installed the memory and the machine is happy mate.
  7. Alberto96

Alberto96 New Member

DDR3L-1600 CL9?
  8. Sky-News

Sky-News New Member

• Samsung original 8GB PC3L-12800
    • DDR3L-1600MHz 1.35V non-ECC CL11
  9. Alberto96

Alberto96 New Member

Oh...i was interested to the CL9 module instead since the CL11 module is already known to be working.

Anyway, thanks for the report.
  10. Sky-News

Sky-News New Member

Afer the last problem with the Crucial - DDR3L - 8 GB - SO-DIMM 204-pin I didn't want to mess about as the Samsung memory is hard to find down here :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017
  11. Sky-News

Sky-News New Member

What I don't understand here is why Minix doesn't even bother to reply to your question? They too busy with the new kid on the block U9-H