1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

RE: 004 firmware

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 003' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Zebra

Zebra New Member

Will this firmware fix the problem related to apps that require "Android Location" to be enabled even though the function is already enabled?
  2. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

You sure you didn't just fix fw 004??

Release 004 then so we can test lol
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  3. bruno1966

bruno1966 New Member

Hi
    I have Android lollipop on my Onda v989 and it works great. Much better than kitkat. You can't know if it doesn't work well on minix if you haven't tested it at the first.
    Yordan Konov likes this.
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

onda doesn't have their own engineers at all, they just odm. it was their kk bad, not ll good.

many special tweaks are blocked on ll, so we are not interested to move unless we are forced to.
  5. bruno1966

bruno1966 New Member

My reply was about the Turkie s' critics for Lollipop. I didn't mean that you have to move it. But I still convinced that ll works well on onda, it is a costum version anyway.
  6. ntux

ntux New Member

While I agree that I prefer a fully working kitkat than a buggy lollipop, there are some things in ll that would be great to have, especially regarding audio (not to be stuck to 16b/48KHz anymore, that could open the door to better audio and probably hd audio decoding).
  7. toborovski

toborovski New Member

So you're now just waiting only for world peace and a cure for cancer?
    Nosen, NahhaB, Grimag and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bruno

Bruno New Member

Just hope i can install Google + app in this FW version!!!
  9. BigArm

BigArm New Member

Another week gone still no update! Can anybody tell me how to go back firmware 002 this ballocks about ARC and older AV hardware is the cause for xbmc audio and picture drop outs is bullshit, I have a Sony dn1040 and a lg60u850T no dramas on 002 but 003 is fucked and waiting for the fix in 004 is beginning to crack me up!
  10. Xuo

Xuo New Member

Use USB burning tool, http://www.minixforum.com/threads/official-002a-firmware.2413/

11. MINIX - Ken

No I'm giving you 2 weeks holidays off here.
    MichelG likes this.
  12. MINIX - Ken

It's there.
    Xuo likes this.
  13. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

There is firmware from 28.04 in the minix update. Is that the 004 ?
    P.s. Ops just saw that it is.
  14. Memkuk

Memkuk New Member

I initiated an upgrade of the FW on my X8 from 003 to 004 (I guess... from Feb to April 2015 release date) using FOTA. It went through the process until everything stopped at about 85%. The animation icon stopped moving and everything looks frozen. It's been like that for about an hour. Is there anything I can do? I'm running scared.
  15. Memkuk

Memkuk New Member

Realizing the only option I had left was to unplug and count my losses. Re-connected the Minix and the update started again and this time finished without problems. Oef!
  16. Memkuk

Memkuk New Member

After upgrading the FW to 004 (release date 28 April 2015) I noticed that the BackUp/Restore app has disappeared. Clicking the System Update in Settings now opens the FOTA app without the BackUp/Restore/Select, etc. options.
    Any help on getting these options back would be greatly appreciated.