1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

X5 mini Re: I need help on my X5 Mini on Finless Bob Rom (accidently FLASHED)

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini' started by PhatJoez, Jan 17, 2015.

1. PhatJoez

PhatJoez New Member

Hie All! Really needed help badly. I accidently use the rename update.zip file which is the Finless Bob Rom. The rom is uncompatible with minix mini and only compatible with Minix X5. Intend to flash the kitkat rom though but got 2 same update rename files and therefore wrongly flash the wrong file.

Pls help...been trying to find the answer for a week now and the device is on all the way for i know that it will auto-reboot but to no avail...

Before that is running CWM recovery and already rooted. But now can't seem to boot back to recovery.

Anyone have the answers pls help...Thank You..

2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you tried to flash the latest official firmware using the rkflashtool on a pc?

Sent using Tapatalk

3. PhatJoez

PhatJoez New Member

Tried to connect usb to usb on pc but device is not detected. If i power off and on again, the rom would activate but will stuck at the boot screen.

Tried to power off and on while usb connect to pc but still the same.

4. Higgs

Make sure you are using the correct usb port on the minix and try a different port on the pc. Keep the reset button pressed with device connected and then plug in the power cable.
    Have you installed the drivers?

Sent using Tapatalk

5. PhatJoez

PhatJoez New Member

Now tried redownloading x5 mini firmware rar file. Tried using rkflashtool v1.7 but cannot seem to get device to connect to pc. Uses remote control for vol+ plus power on and the device keep rebooting to the same screen always.

6. Higgs

I'm not sure what you mean by "vol+ plus power". Doesn't the X5 mini have a reset button?

Sent using Tapatalk

7. PhatJoez

PhatJoez New Member

Manage to connect the devive. But pc state unknown device. Tried pull out power plug and on it again while pressing the rebooting which is the tiny hole and came out this unknown device detected in pc.

8. PhatJoez

PhatJoez New Member

Now downloading moborobo to help out the driver.

9. Higgs

Did you install the drivers included with rkflashtool?

Sent using Tapatalk

10. PhatJoez

PhatJoez New Member

Tried to connect to rockchip batch tool v1.7 and the connected device 1 light up green. Next step?

11. Higgs

Load the firmware in the tool then press the restore button. After the firmware flashes successfully keep the minix connected and.powered on for 10 mins before connecting back to tv.

(did you look at or read how to flash the firmware or are you just guessing every step )

Sent using Tapatalk

12. PhatJoez

PhatJoez New Member

I read alot of website. Read and follow all of them but to no avail. Now i already in the restoration process. Awaitin the firmware restoration and it is a success..thank god...only after ur advise of 10 mins power plug off and on will i connect to tv again...

13. PhatJoez

PhatJoez New Member

Thank god @Higgs....u save the day. My device is back to norm again... Now can install the kitkat which i downloaded earlier...

oldbirchy likes this.
  14. Sani

Sani New Member

Follow closely you will never get wrong..Gracias..