1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Re-install Windows 10 OS on MINIX NEO Z83-4 - 1803 Image

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4 Guides & FAQs' started by MINIX - John, Jun 27, 2018.

1. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

1803 Windows 10 OS image for MINIX NEO Z83-4 can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.minixforum.com/downloads...WIN10RS4US-Z83-4-MINIX-HOME-V02M-20180605.zip

Fast MEGA link : https://mega.nz/#!JsxgRS7I!PozGf3uIRjko8-WjH8eXtlpkXAfCpAAIw-CtKZLw6f0

MD5 Checksum: B02954A62556B93907667AA6ED0C5794

Installation Instructions

1. Prepare an 8GB or 16GB USB memory stick [NTFS format] and change the name to “WINPE”.

2. Unzip the “OSWIN10RS4US-Z83-4-MINIX-HOME-V02M-20180605.zip” file and then copy all files to USB memory stick root directory.

3. Connect a keyboard and the USB memory stick to NEO Z83-4. Boot your NEO Z83-4 and press F11, then select “USB stick”. You don’t need to do anything, wait for 15 minutes to finish installing the system.

When you see below image, click “Cleanup Test” on the desktop.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2018 at 12:18 PM
    enricus, Gianluigi, shai4444 and 5 others like this.
  2. MinmanCM

MinmanCM New Member

I assume the f11 should be pressed during startup to select the USB as the boot device. My new Z83-4 doesn't respond to f11 although it stops Windows from loading and just hangs. I tried DEL to see if that would bring up the bios but that didn't work either. What should I do now?

3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Have you tried ESC ?

4. MinmanCM

MinmanCM New Member

Same result. Seems to just stop the loading completely.

5. MinmanCM

MinmanCM New Member

I had another go at doing the update from 1607 to 1803 and this time it worked! It was my 4th or 5th attempt and the only thing I think I did differently was I started the update via the Settings>Update & Security dialog. C Drive started with 8.70Gb showing free in Windows Explorer and with 1803 listed as the installed version, it says 3.84Gb is available which I worry is barely usable.
    I can see some applications (Xbox, Win Media Player, Paint 3D, Movies & TV, Groove Music + a couple of others) that I won't need but I think maybe I should make a system image onto an external drive before I risk doing anything that might upset things. Maybe my further questions should be in a different part of the forum, too?

I would still be grateful to know how to change the boot device or get into the bios as I can't see if I even have the latest version.

6. Villa

Which type of keyboard are you using?

7. MinmanCM

MinmanCM New Member

Started with a Logitech Wireless Combo MK700/MK710 and then tried a wired Microsoft Keyboard 600 with a basic optical mouse v2 in case the first setup was missing the startup window in some way. The wired setup is connected now.

8. Villa

Then I don't see why you can't access the BIOS! (n)

Have you been continuously tapping ESC or just pressing or pressing and holdng?
    Usually tapping continuously is required!

9. MinmanCM

MinmanCM New Member

Tapping. I really can't understand it either. I'll make a video and maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong! Stand by...

10. MinmanCM

MinmanCM New Member

Have sent you a link to the video by email.

11. Villa

Who's email? o_O
    You don't have my email!

If you can't post a link here then send a PM (Private Message).

12. MinmanCM

MinmanCM New Member

I sent it to support@minix - obviously wrong. Sorry. Seems like I can't post a link as I don't have enough likes or upload the file because it's too big.

Villa and Marty like this.
  13. Villa

Give me the link to the video through a PM.

Click @Villa and Start a Conversation.

14. Gianluigi

Gianluigi New Member

Unfortunately the link doesn't work. Download starts, but every time it stops at the same percentage. I tried also with a download manager, but at 99% it stops. No way. Is it possible to do something please? Thank you very much

15. Villa

Downloaded for me using DownThemAll! Firefox addon. :)
    Took about an hour and a half.

Gianluigi likes this.
  16. Gianluigi

Gianluigi New Member

Thanks for the quick response Villa, but I always have the same problem.
    I tried DownThemAll! as you suggested, but at 99% and a second at the end, the download stops. I saw the graphic of the downloaded data and the problem is at about 1/3 of the zip file and just in few bits.
    I also tried to open the partial file, but the problem is in Install.swm file that unfortunately is the main.
    Please I need an help, an alternative link if it's possible.
    Thanks a lot and sorry for the bothering

17. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

A new fast link will be available this morning ;)

Gianluigi likes this.
  18. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

New link added in first post.

Gianluigi likes this.
  19. Gianluigi

Gianluigi New Member

Fantastic! Thank you very much!
    Already downloaded, everything ok, I can't wait to update my box!
    Thank you very much again ;)

skynet likes this.
  20. enricus

enricus New Member

Grazie John, funziona alla grande, facilissimo basta seguire le istruzioni e avere pazienza...
    (y)