1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Reaching "storage" folder

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Skinamp, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

Hoi,

de verbinding zoals hierboven beschreven werkt perfect voor mij, helaas
    is er nog een bijkomend probleem. Hoe kom ik met FTP (winscp) op de
    sd kaart in de MiniX ?

Deze staat als sdcard1 in ES Explorer vermeld, met het FTP programma
    kan ik op geen enkele manier een verbinding met de sdkaart tot stand brengen!

Natuurlijk kan ik de SD kaart eruit nemen en in de laptop plaatsen, toch denk
    ik dat het met FTP ook moet lukken,.... Maar hoe

Iemand een idee

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

English please !

Hi, the connection as described above works perfectly for me, unfortunately there is an additional problem. How do I get FTP (winscp) on the sd card in the MiniX? This is listed as sdcard1 in ES Explorer, with the FTP program I can not establish a connection to the SD card in any way! Of course I can take out the SD card and place it in the laptop, I think I have to succeed with FTP, too .... But how Anyone have an idea

3. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

Sorry for that,.... must have been far far away with my thoughts :)

4. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

Hi,

already posted this question, unfortunately in the wrong forum !

I try to reach my sdcard inserted in the minix using ES Explorer and WinSCP
    there is a connection and i can transfer files from and to MiniX from laptop
    (all connected to the same network). Only problem : I can't reach the folder
    "storage", where sdcard1 should be found.

Do i have to root the MiniX to accomplish this, or is there a workaround ?

thnx

5. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

Problem solved !

6. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

perhaps you would like to elaborate how ?

7. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

Shure...

I found it accidentally, in ES Explorer you have to select "show hidden files", thats all !

8. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

Well, it's not all...
    Its not possible to write to SD Card, maybe because of restrictions i don't know about !

9. FifthMeridian

FifthMeridian New Member

Hi. I also wish to know how to change the default download location, /storage/sdcard0/Download to an external USB memory stick, /storage/udisk0/ and could not find a way. Easy to find a solution for my Android phone, but not for the MINIX Neo-U1.

Another response found a work around - to install from Google Play Store the app, ADM (advanced download manager). Then set the external storage location as "Folder for files." Finally, launch the ADM Browser (world icon, third from right, located top right) and begin the download from within this browser. You have to select the filename displayed within ADM to start the download.

Although this works, I would prefer to set the O/S to download to the external storage by default, as I can do on my phone. There are threads here that share how to install to external storage, but I have yet to find one for simply sending all downloads to the external storage. The ADM seems like a convoluted, but effective, way to do it.

10. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

It looks like you found the solution. The default OS (Android, in U1) browser is Chrome. And although the computer version of Chrome allows to change download path in a computer, the Android version doesn't allow us to change the default path. So your solution of having found a browser that allows it is good, as it is moving the downloaded files manually to another location with a file explorer.

https://support.google.com/chrome/forum/AAAAP1KN0B0dEtlDehL_jk/?hl=en

Link above is 2 years old yet I couldn't find any improvements since.

EDIT:
    See the following thread:
    Download file size limit

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018