1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Ready for Android 5.* ?/ Minix Roadmap?

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by Oilinga, Mar 29, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Amlogic shall not provide any bug fixes or technical support for the evaluation 5.1 SDK of S812-H chip,
    we will not move to that since there will be no bug fixes.

We shall continue to update our firmware for this product until it reaches its 2 years software maintenance time. (i.e. November 2016)
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

There are 2 different hardware platforms with complete different sets of SDK and are not related to each other.
  3. zarb

zarb New Member

So if i understand correctly, after november 2016 no more updates for minix neo. If kodi dosen`t work anymore because don`t run in this android version is not your problem. And as someone said
    if the music player is working, or the calculator by the way, ther are no need to update.
    You probably know many users who bought this unit for these reasons, but not those that you used in advertising.
    I feel cheated!
  4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I can't see how anyone can say honestly they 'feel cheated'. The X8-H does everything that Minix advertises it can do PLUS a lot more besides. Its advertised as Android KitKat 4.4.2, as including XBMC Minix Edition (which is still being supported and upgraded). Its received more firmware upgrades that most (if not all) other android tv boxes)
    Now if you bought it based on an advertisment that said it would be updated to Android Lollipop or that it would support KODI 17, then you would have a point and you could say you were cheated. If such an advertisement exists then you should make Minix aware of it as it is at best misleading.
    Villa likes this.
  5. zarb

zarb New Member

You can twist the words but not the ideas, if addons no longer work because they do not work in the current version xbmc, then it serves no purpose.
    Advertising always guaranteed updates, never said what version ended these updates.
    And you did not answer to the question of the end of the updates only two years after the minix have left to the market.

Edit: I said "i feel cheated" and i can feel whatever I want and post it
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Indeed you can, and I can feel otherwise and also post it

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Harry S likes this.
  7. iOpus

iOpus New Member

Change the brand. I agree with you: We deserve better support.
  8. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Has kodi stopped working on your box
    midnight likes this.
  9. Les Thomas

Les Thomas New Member

10. midnight

midnight Active Member

Better support ?? so you think because you are going to purchase another brand that has a newer OS , that is better support ?:confused: . Do you not think you will issues and problems and require the help of forums and support.... tell me who has better support than here ??
  11. iOpus

iOpus New Member

A little bit more, a lot of applications will not be supported for android 4. This is normally thing.
    Price $150 is not a joke, on the market we will find tv box with lolipop or newest for $30.
    Your mission here is to relativize our post's.
    Whatever be I'll plan to sell this almost dead tv box for better price on time , the market has a large selection on tv box's.
  12. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Good luck with your $30 box
    Harry S and midnight like this.
  13. midnight

midnight Active Member

Agreed ...the market has a large selection of garbage tv box's :whistle:
  14. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

yes but you shouldn't be too dismissive because there also some very good £30 boxes that will run later versions of android
    and not forgetting the firetv stick ( often found for £30 or less ) on which i do run kodi very successfully

minix would do well to support their existing customer base on x8's and pull out all the stops to do so, and yes i'm aware that @MINIX - Ken has indicated that this is a possibility
    Villa likes this.
  15. midnight

midnight Active Member

Valid points ! I just happen to know a number of people in my circle of friends with cheaper boxes that are on there second or third box for a variety of reasons . Do they work well when they are new and up to date .....absolutely !! they just seems to have issues eventually that are not able to be fixed and struggle to find support. I was one of those people:(... Your points are well taken (y)
    Villa likes this.
  16. colonol

colonol New Member

As a lot of customers of minix use kodi, it would be a huge mistake not to update so that kodi 17 will work on it. Minix are being naive to think that this will not affect their reputation and future sales. There'll be many disgruntled customers and rightfully so.

Sent from my vivo Xshot using Tapatalk
  17. Cip

Cip New Member

I think this device is dead, I also think there will be no android 5 or later for minix neo x8-h and that will cause Kodi 17 not to work on it.

Any thoughts on this MINIX?
  18. iOpus

iOpus New Member

I do not want anyone brand to advertise but from large selection tv box's my choice is one "garbage" Xiaomi Mi box 4K Android 6.0 with a killer price as soon as october, for 69.99$.
    My choice was once Minix, because I feel lied for my Money. Android 4 is very old and whether we like it or not, support will stop soon.
    Мy right is where I spend my money, and my minix is already on sale.
  19. midnight

midnight Active Member

We are beating a "dead horse"!;)
  20. iOpus

iOpus New Member

:) Briefly and clearly told