1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Ready for Android 5.* ?/ Minix Roadmap?

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by Oilinga, Mar 29, 2015.

1. EagleEye

EagleEye Active Member

He MINIX - Ken will XBMC for MINIX Edition v17 (not out yet) support older Android OS? because the Kodi version won't and like you said the devices working perfectly but Kodi is a much used app on your devices. please let us know
  2. nbrus

nbrus New Member

We need an upgrade from Android 4 to fix long-standing issue with Minix remote not able to navigate You-Tube App due to Google changing their API. Android 6 is already out so maybe skip 5 and go straight to 6. Yes there are bugs I'm sure, but legacy OS will have more issues with app compatability as time moves on. We need that update! Thank you in advance :=).
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

What is this issue? It is news to me! I know an update to, and I think the latest YouTube version from the Play Store, has an issue with the FF/RW keys but that is fixable by using an older version. The YouTube TV version functions just fine too!
  4. nbrus

nbrus New Member

Hi Villa, I am finding that 4-way cursor navigation on the video thumbnails is not working on You-Tube App with Minix remote ... I can't page up/down or move to select a video using cursor keys. Only way is to grab screen with mouse pointer and drag it up/down which is difficult and annoying as the screen often jumps back up or a video is clicked accidentally ... extremely annoying!. I stopped using You-tube because the App was so bad. How do you manage to get around this? Thanks.
  5. Villa

You should have two YouTube apps installed. One is a TV version that works well with the D-Pad.
    I actually prefer the other though and use the pointer to navigate!

Even if there was an Android version update the apps still function the same, as far as I am aware!
  6. nbrus

nbrus New Member

Thanks ... I fear you are correct! It seems to have been desgned for touch devices only :=). This is a pity as it is otherwise a good App and lets me view my subscriptions and favourites.
    The other google 'YouTube for Android TV' App is not compatible with NEO X8-H according to Google. It looks like I am out of luck as the other 'FREE' youtube Apps I've tried are crap :=(.
  7. Villa

You should have the TV version preinstalled. I know it certainly is with the X8-H Plus.
    Use ES File Explorer and navigate to Device/system/preinstall
    See if there are two YouTube apk files.

I expect you have checked in all apps for more than one version?
  8. nbrus

nbrus New Member

Hi Villa ... thank you! ... I found the older YouTube App and it still works ... I never bothered trying this again until you suggested it, because last time I tried it, it told me to upgrade to the newer version ... it asked me again just now, but not after the second time, so looks like my problem is solved :=). Shame about the newer App not working as that one is better, but this one is good enough and will keep me happy for now. Thanks again!
  9. krille30

krille30 New Member

Minix any updates of plans to upgrade to 5.0? Or have you totally closed all development of this box?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    Bigdaddy168 and Kollektiv01 like this.
  10. Bigdaddy168

Bigdaddy168 New Member

Android 5.0? What about upgrading straight to 7?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk
  11. Kollektiv01

Kollektiv01 Member

I think the support for Minix X8-H is dead. :(
    Crun likes this.
  12. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

Correct! Amlogic have not released an Android 5.x SDK for their S802 chip and therefore Minix's hands are tied.
    midnight likes this.
  13. EagleEye

EagleEye Active Member

@HardwareGuru is testing 5.1 on the minix x8h plus just no public release yet x8h plus os s812 chip

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk
    midnight likes this.
  14. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Why do you think the support is dead ?? they are still supporting all their devices (y) support doesn't just mean upgrade.
    Villa likes this.
  15. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

in all fairness it is about time minix came out with some sort of official status of updated OS for minix 8 series......afaik it has been over 3 months since any statement coming from what you could consider to be an "official" minix representative and since then the silence has been deafening....no wonder so many are asking about it......

.....i have some sympathy for those who are considering going elsewhere for their android boxes
    Villa likes this.
  16. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

You are right of course! My reply to @Kollektiv01 was made in the context of this thread's title i.e. "Ready for Android 5.* ?/ Minix Roadmap?". (y)
  17. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Agreed (y)... I just think the support is pretty darn good (y) :)
  18. Harry S

Harry S Member

I strongly agree! Newer is not always better, and by electronics its often caused in the
    reverse order. An old proverb says "never change a running system". ;)

Mine was delivered with Kodi 13 (Minix) and i tried all Kodi verstions up to 17,
    14.2 offers the best capabilities - except the hang-up after watching a movie -
    for this firmware as Kodi 15 and 16 locked up mostly after startup.
    So i "rolled back" to 14.2.

By the way, i have an X8-Plus with KOT49H.20150924 and Kodi 14.2 (Helix) and
    it haves an update to 2016-01-15 Do i have to fear the update will break my box
    or not? And how to do a rollback (without of flashing the whole prior firmware..) to
    20150924 if i tried the update?

Cheers Harry
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  19. Harry S

Harry S Member

Youtube seems to be a tricky hing. Youtube app within Kodi (14.2) does not work, youtube watched within yandex- or
    maxthon-browser is working. Do i miss something?
  20. Oilinga

Oilinga New Member

F..., Minix. No more. Very disappointed. During the gurantee time, stop the support and lifecycle!
    Zero Customer Support. Nothing. No recommendation ever.