1. Official MINIX forum

RECOMMENDED: Z83-4 V1.4 BIOS update

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 27, 2016.

1. jimlo

jimlo New Member

Agree - false positive. Just downloaded and scanned again and Windows Defender (lol) said is was OK too.
  2. streetdr

streetdr New Member

I was hoping someone could help me with updating my Bios. I checked the write protection and it is disabled however when running the update in either administrator or otherwise no update actually starts. A command prompt opens with what looks like a list of codes to use when in the prompt but nothing happens; no restarts, no updates, and no change from the version 1.3 BIOS???
  3. MAS1

MAS1 Member

You have to press "y" if i recall correctly in the command prompt
  4. murdock57

murdock57 New Member

For those with issues updating to 1.4 and trying to disable write protection in BIOS beforehand...I could not find that option, even after going through every tab and choice (maybe I still missed it somehow). Anyway, I just tried upgrading the BIOS and the batch file ran...then...nothing. Simply rebooted the machine and now BIOS was 1.4 (from 1.2). So, if you were stuck like I was, just try installing and then reboot.
  5. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I believe the write protection was only in BIOS v1.3 :)
  6. renee koebler

renee koebler New Member

Just bought neo Z83-4. I need it to automatically reboot into Windows when it losses power and regains it. How do I get into the Bios to change this?
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Power on after AC loss, on?
  8. Stefan1

Stefan1 New Member

Press "Delete" during boot to go into BIOS....
  9. Brian EclipseWiFi

Brian EclipseWiFi New Member

I am also trying to get into BIOS to change settings for automatic reboot after power loss. I attempted both "delete" and "esc" options (as suggested in posts) during boot up. Nothing happens. I am just left with a black screen with no choice but to physically pull and plug the power cord then start up, or do a hard boot of the power button. Anybody else experiencing this or can suggest how else to access the BIOS to do the change I wish to do? Thanks.
  10. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Which type of keyboard are you using?
  11. Brian EclipseWiFi

HP brand USB. Not a wireless 2.4GHz or Bluetooth model.
  12. Stefan1

Stefan1 New Member

Did you press the "DEL" button more times after powering up? Sometimes it has to be pressed und released several times in a short time.

Another idea: be sure not to use the USB 3.0 port for the keyboard, maybe the 2.0 port is better for compatibility while booting.
  13. Brian EclipseWiFi

Yes, I've repeatedly pressed the DEL key after powering up while the keyboard is plugged in to a 2.0 port. I've accessed the BIOS on many PC's before and never experienced such a problem. As a side note, during normal boot up I usually would see options for accessing BIOS and setup on quick splash screen before Windows kicks in. I do not see that with this CPU as Win10 login kicks right in.