1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Beta Release Release Candidate

Discussion in 'Beta Firmware' started by Yaron, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Yaron

Yaron Member

I think this a great chance to thank Minix developers for their rapid effort to provide a better firmware for their product.
    This is truly a one of a kind effort and dedication for excellence.
    I have seen that an extended logitech harmony support has been implemented and this is exciting.
    Do you have any idea when the RC version will be available again?
  2. keppi2456

keppi2456 New Member

That would be interesting for me!

Thank you
  3. theRaf

theRaf New Member

4. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

it is still being worked on.
  5. Ulises Rodriguez PhD

Ulises Rodriguez PhD Active Member

HardwareGuru Thanks for the info!

It is not my desire to rush things if it is not well tested and ready yet, but do you think maybe we can have the update on Thursday (tomorrow) or Friday?
  6. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Please... Just have a little bit more patience. They can't exactly answer the "when" question. This is simply impossible. It will be released when it's ready and thoroughly tested. With all respect guys, we can't exactly time it like: "stability check - 26 hours, video playback 7 hours 26 minutes, (...). To sum up: 47 hours 17 minutes + upload time" It would be ridicculous. Beta tester team is doing what they can to speed things up and check everything they can think of. I know you're waiting for a long time, but you have to understand that some things can't be exactly timed. Regards.
  7. Ulises Rodriguez PhD

Ulises Rodriguez PhD Active Member

Thanks ENDRJUPL for your quick reply!

100% agree, I fully understand the dificult testing process of the Firmware!

As I have mentioned before, it is not my intention that MINIX will rush things if it is not well tested and ready, just wanted to know the current state of the testings and what we should expect from this New Firmware?

Not worry, I will wait till it is fully tested and stable to be released...

Hope we could get it possibly this weekend!
    gjs999 likes this.