1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Remember Drivename

Discussion in 'Development' started by Skinamp, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

Hi, when i connect one of my drives, Kodi on the U1 Shows "part1".
    This is useless Information because when i disconnect the drive and connect an other one, it also is called part1

Would it be possible to let kodi remember the Drivename?

This way i will be able to click on an moviename and the Software then could ask me to connect the drive where i store The movie.

In my case with 8 drives this would be a very usefull Option.

Thnx

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
  2. aithank

aithank New Member

That's nice suggestion. I hope it will be implemented soon.
  3. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

That would be great, thnx.

4. Maxworld666

Maxworld666 New Member

Hi Skinamp....(y)
    i have the same problem with 10 external Drives.
    please enyone from minix, please make it possible to show the Ext.Drives names (i have names like Movies 01 / Series 01 /Marvel e.t..c) recent every time i plug a new drive in or reboot the system i loose controle.

Please HEEELP :unsure:
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Why have so many drives?
    I have a single 2TB nas drive which is sufficient for all my backup/storage needs. If I need more space I'll get a bigger NAS.
    To get back on topic, is this an android limitation or something that can be solved by firmware?
    Maxworld666 and Villa like this.
  6. Maxworld666

Maxworld666 New Member

Hi higgs...
    In my case i have 32 Ext.drives from 2tb to 8tb each ...i can't build NAS or network because there is no Computer around.
    Back to the problem...funny fact...it should be get done by firmware. When you open the Android Stock FileBrowser then you can see the real drivenames. (Not sb2 etc.)
    B.t.w. i have a Minix X8-H Plus
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

:confused::eek:o_O:censored:
    Maxworld666 likes this.
  8. Maxworld666

Maxworld666 New Member

Did i something wrong?
  9. Skinamp

Skinamp Member

Hi maxworld666, i do understand. building a index of the drive contents is only usefull if it's remembered by the system. MiniX's main coal is to be used as Mediaplayer, having more than one drive filled with movies is not unusual....

Lets hope this function will be added soon :)

Maxworld666 likes this.