1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

FAQ Remote controller app for Android phones:

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Guides & FAQs' started by Higgs, May 10, 2016.

1. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Jagerbomb

Jagerbomb New Member

It would be nice to specify which is the current version. Since this is a new thread I don't know if we are supposed to upgrade it?
  3. Higgs

As far as I know there is only one version. I copied the link to this new thread (from one of the official firmware threads) as there were a few posts asking where the link was.
  4. Jagerbomb

Jagerbomb New Member

Ok, thanks! If I go to Settings --> Apps --> RemoteIME --> App info, it says my current version is 1.3.20131025
    However if I search for "Smart iRemote" in Google Play Store, which has the same icon and I imagine is basically the same, it reports the version is 1.0
  5. reaklif

reaklif Member

Hi guys, is it possible to use the remote controler while the neo U1 is using LAN in stead of wifi? can't find the wifi simulation like on the x8-h.

is it also possible to use miracast while only connected by LAN?
  6. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

The remote will work with WiFi or LAN (Fake WiFi is not required)!

FYI Faked WiFi you will find under your Ethernet connection settings.
  7. reaklif

reaklif Member

Solved!! i discovered i was running on FW004. Now on FW008 it works like a charm
  8. Spiff

Spiff New Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but I would like to have more information on this remote. I've the air lite remote and I'm very pleased of it; within XBMC I use Yatse that is a brilliant app. If possible, I would prefer to control all from my phone.

What are the function of this remote? Is there an app to install on the minix and one on the phone, and if yes, which is for the Minix and which is for the phone ? I'm still with FW007 that works well for me, is this OK or should I upgrade to FW008?

Many thanks for your help!
  9. Spiff

Spiff New Member

OK, I managed to have the U1 remote working (first link) but the second and 3rd (RK remote app) doesn't find my device. On the U1, I had to manually enter the IP address of my Minix, in the RK, I don't find any field/option where I could add it. I'm on the same wifi network. Should I update to FW008 for the RK remote to regonise my Minix?

Thanks
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  10. Higgs

Yes, if you read the first post you'll see support for the rk remote was added in fw008..

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  11. Spiff

Spiff New Member

many thanks for your confirmation !
  12. Spiff

Spiff New Member

Some feeback after using both for a week.

I like the RK remote more over the "normal". However, with the RK, I have not been able to send text to the minix (example an URL) while the direct text entry works fine on the "normal". Hence I keep both installed.

Just one feature that is missing on both, the long press to access the contextual menu (like copy, paste, ...). Either I'm missing something or this is not feasible with any of them.

Cheers for now!
  13. bovirus

bovirus New Member

@Higgs

What are the differences between Minix Remote Control and RK Remote Control 2.0.4?

I'm a developer and forum maintainer in Italy.
    I develop the (Italian) translation for Minix and RK remote Control App.
    I found some untranslated menu/items in Minix UI in Settings menu and main UI
    I found that Kodi 16,3 not include Italian keyboard layout.
    I want to exchange my development experience with Minix.

I posted a request to your email -> No one answer
    I created here a thread about language translation -> NO answer

What's the matter?
    Are you really interested?

Thanks.
  14. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

15. bovirus

bovirus New Member

@newbie99

I cannot write a message to them.
    Could you please ask them to send me a pvt msg and I can provide them my email for future contact? Thanks. Bye.
    newbie99 likes this.
  16. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

17. tabs78

tabs78 New Member

hi, i'm new.
    i must install both apps?on phone or box?
    thank you
  18. Higgs

You install the app on your phone and use it to control the U1. You can install either or both apps and see which you prefer.
  19. Preben

Preben New Member

Yes.
  20. RikD

RikD New Member

Higgs, do you know which process or binary on the U1 makes this work? Do you know how to disable it? Or password protect it or something?

I want to prevent friends and family connected to my wifi network to be able to connect to my U1.